i cant be a***d !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Aaaaah
That's better. Wow what a difference, she was in a bit of a sorry state, I was ashamed to turn-up at the club with her last Tues. Now she looks ace!

Gone are the winter heavier Krylions on Bomb-proof black CXP22's and most of the lighting and bracketry. The Carradice QRS bracket has gone. All the road-grime, chain lube gunk gone, the frame shines deep metallic red again, the Ultegra/DA mix gleams, new silver chain and cogs and the new PR3's look very nice on the Reynolds Alta-race, very aero.
What a beast :biggrin:
Legs gonna have to wait though :biggrin:

Mine too - I'm trying to teach gezza how to keep it clean - it is a bit like trying to teach me how to get from A to B in a taxi (whilst driving) I reckon...:laugh:
2e37vxe.jpg

...but I have just changed the cassette and free hub (see 'know how') but in principle "keep it shiny". Do you use cotton buds inside your chain links fossyant btw?! :laugh: I do.:biggrin::biggrin:

Johnny Thin

I bet that isn't your commuter bike! For me cycling isn't like taking the poodle for a walk in the park, it's a working relationship with a sheepdog.

stevenb

My bike is always cleaned after each ride.....except today...being dry for a change means it hasn't got any dirt on it.
Chain was lubed this morning.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
so pray tell, how do you get it so clean. What method and substances do you use?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So it's started.....who has the cleanest block..... ?

My commuter is washed every wet ride, it's not the one in the photo's... but I keep the drive chain as clean as poss - wiped with an oily old rag (read my old t-shirts before I lost 2.5 stone getting back into commuting), run the rag between the rear sprockets etc...

Top Bottom