I crushed my bearings!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Clink, clank, clunk, what is the matter with you stupid bike??
Spin the wheel, not catching anything, chain ok, pedals ok, chain rings ok, bottom braked out, all good, anyway clink clank clunk when freewheeling ... sooo ... spin the wheel some more, I'm fed up with this, waste of my precious time off!
To the bike hub we go, you and I, you better not make stories, I don't wanna hear it!
Oh, hen, bike man says, your hubs are tight, so tight, how can you pedal like this?
Me: meh, got powerful legs, anyhow, can I ride it some more till I find time to operate?
Bike man: och aye, the other day a guy came in, all his bottom bracket bearings had fell out, still riding it.
Couple of days later, op successful, took me half day, well, cleaning and some minor adjustments included, even got my top gear back.
I love bike mechanics me ... not! :girl:
crushed bearings.jpg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Oops.:sad:

You might find the riding easier and faster once the bearings are set up nicely though.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
what bike was this on:bicycle:
Pinnacle: popped into Bike Town on Thursday, John told me it was the bearings (my fault, I did service them last) so fixed it all today, instead of riding to Linlithgow, as it was raining.
You were right about the weather at the weekend!

flyingfifi

Über Member
Pinnacle: popped into Bike Town on Thursday, John told me it was the bearings (my fault, I did service them last) so fixed it all today, instead of riding to Linlithgow, as it was raining.
You were right about the weather at the weekend!
that bike is not that old I never changed my balls yet opps I meant bearings:rofl:on my pinnacle .the weather here was sunny and warm :sun:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Pinnacle is an excellent budget bike - I have one - but as is so often the case with budget bikes the hidden bits are not the best quality to keep the profit in the bike for the maker.

Mine doesn't get a great deal of use, but has a 'no name' bottom bracket which creaks a bit, stops creaking for a bit, then creaks again.

Pat may have overtightened the original bearings, but I suspect they were cheapies anyway.

The new bearings, properly set up, will probably last a long time.

Top Bottom