I.D. help on vintage Pinarello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glyndwr

Someone offered this bicycle as a Treviso, but I'm not sure what I have here! The puzzling part is the pannier mounts near the front and rear dropouts. The bike also came with Sakae/Ringyo bars with a Randnner (yes, misspelled) stamp and the distinguishing randonnier-type bends.

The bottom bracket is stamped with R 444. The components are otherwise "Frankenbike-esque" with a mixture of Campagnolo lines and eras (all of which I've found/identified on VeloBase.com), and even some Shimano 105 thrown in, so I don't think those will be any help in identifying the bike. I will provide a bunch of pix anyway. side.JPG BB.JPG rear derlr.JPG frt wheel2.JPG seatpost.JPG head tube.JPG fork crown.JPG

I had a Treviso and that's not it. Perhaps it is a name they carried over many years and this is an older one. However, the pannier mounts means it was not a racer and my Treviso was billed as a racer, second down in the line-up of racers.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice, but those mounts are for mudguards. It looks like components have been replaced as they wore out with whatever was available/affordable by the previous owner/s. Not everyone replaced the whole groupset back then, individual components were replaced as and when needed.
Just as a matter of interest how much have you been offered it for.

OP
OP
Glyndwr

Glyndwr

Nice, but those mounts are for mudguards. It looks like components have been replaced as they wore out with whatever was available/affordable by the previous owner/s. Not everyone replaced the whole groupset back then, individual components were replaced as and when needed.
Just as a matter of interest how much have you been offered it for.

I haven't had any offers, but I am certainly looking to unload this bicycle. I just did a major restoration of a Treviso, and I'm not looking to start another right now.

Attachments

• Treviso.JPG
    Treviso.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom