I didn't win the lottery last night.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I didn't win the lottery last night. Strangely, I didn't win it last week either.

They must have drawn the wrong numbers....... Again!

:sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We must have the same numbers Pete.

Your chances of winning the jackpot are (6x50)^6 approximately one in 729,000,000,000,000 because that is how many possible combinations there are.

byegad

Legendary Member
psmiffy has the right calculation.

A lesson to the wanna-wins.

Many moons years ago, before the National Lottery was even a dream, I did the Football Pools.

You had to chose 12 matches that would end in a score draw. Get 8/12 right and you got a first dividend of the prize money, usually measured in several tens of thousands of pounds. Enough to buy several houses and cars, plus a lot of holidays at the time.
You got:-
3 points for a score draw.
2 points for a no-score draw and 1 for an away?? win IIRC.
Anywho 24 points= a big win.

So on Sunday morning I'm listening to the results and we get, to the point where I have 21 points with 2 more of my matches still to come up, and one of those is a home win, 0 points, and the last is a no-score draw!:thumbsdown::banghead::cry:

Then the announcer says that unusually there were only 7 score draws, which means that my 23 points will get a first dividend.:hyper::notworthy::wahhey::dance:

I rushed to the local call box to ring the claims number and cannot get through, eventually I give up for the day swearing to stay off work tomorrow and ring them then. Only for the then Mrs Byegad to tell me that she has heard on the radio news that there were 7 score draws and no less than 10 no score draws and claims calls are not needed!

They sent out our first dividend in postage stamps as the amount was too small to send a cheque. Nobody got a second dividend that week.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Nope neither did we

I'm in the dog walking lottery, along with twenty others. I didn't want him to be the only dog without a diamond collar

this is very true but someone somewhere will win and the old adage is still true, you've got to be in it to win it.......:okay:

Years ago I worked in Kuwait with a guy from our Madrid office - They had a syndicate in the Spanish Lottery - He decided to pull out - a month later they won the whole caboodle - he was the Spanish office

davdandy

I was so close last night to winning the jackpot.I was a mere seven numbers out.
I was sweating about what new bike to buy and which club kit.Sadly it didnt come to fruition. :sad:

Tin Pot

Guru
I have bought 3 tickets per week for nine years.

And two tickets for the previous years since the Lottery began.

I am significantly down on my investment.

Top Bottom