I don’t want to boast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But....

There’s just 3 weeks at work before I have another 2 weeks off. Chinese New Year is quite early this year, last weekend of January. Got a flight booked for Busan, South Korea on HK Express, our version of Easyjet.

Happy days.:becool::dance::girldance:

That's all very well, but where are the pictures you promised?

Slick

Guru
I'm much the same with 3 weeks at work before heading off to South Africa for 3 weeks. Can't wait. :becool:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Life is one constant week off in the retirement thread.
The trouble with retirement (unlike the "have it easy" work slaves) is that you never get a day off. It's a tough life I tell ya. :okay:

Slick

Guru
The trouble with retirement (unlike the "have it easy" work slaves) is that you never get a day off. It's a tough life I tell ya. :okay:
All kidding aside, I genuinely believe that I will struggle with retirement. I am already financially secure after selling a business but my plans to do nothing lasted 1 day before I decided to do the closest thing to nothing I could think of, teach. :laugh:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
All kidding aside, I genuinely believe that I will struggle with retirement. I am already financially secure after selling a business but my plans to do nothing lasted 1 day before I decided to do the closest thing to nothing I could think of, teach. :laugh:

I have a brother who was a Maths teacher (now retired), and, a daughter who is a Maths teacher. I think, they are both bored with my usual quip "teaching?, best part time job in the world", if I may, I will begin using your above comment, too wind them up, just for a bit of variety. ;)

Slick

Guru
I have a brother who was a Maths teacher (now retired), and, a daughter who is a Maths teacher. I think, they are both bored with my usual quip "teaching?, best part time job in the world", if I may, I will begin using your above comment, too wind them up, just for a bit of variety. ;)
Ha ha, be my guest. The main difference between myself and an actual teacher is, I did 35 years at the coal face learning my trade before finally admitting defeat and retreating to the classroom. I feel it gives me a different perspective to some others. :okay:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Ha ha, be my guest. The main difference between myself and an actual teacher is, I did 35 years at the coal face learning my trade before finally admitting defeat and retreating to the classroom. I feel it gives me a different perspective to some others. :okay:

yes, my brother was a “late entry” after a career in Computer Hardware/software.

I have colleagues who work with retirees, helping htem to have some structure in their day, stay active and don't slow down too soon, so it isn't just you.

Top Bottom