I dont care what you say...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

BUT its WINTER :tongue: outside !

Its either a Northerley - Easterly or a combination of both !!!!!

Its not funny being on a bike in this weather...

As I found out this eve.

gbb

Legendary Member
You're right...bright but colder than it looks.
I went to work with a headwindxx(
I came home with a side/headwind :tongue:
Went out tonight with mrs gbb for about 12 miles...seemed like a moderately cold wind was coming from everywhichway :angry::wacko:

Mortiroloboy

I've been hanging out and bringing in bed linen during the day, interesting when your line runs north /south and the wind is blowing a gale east/west. :tongue:, still not feeling upto the bike, did some fettling today, went out a purchased a Ritchey comp stem, no other reason that it seemed a good idea at the time, and I supported my LBS, did get the offer of a loan of a TT bike from a club member who bumped into, so worth the walk into town for that alone.

Hugo15

Über Member
It's freezing at the moment. I have only worn shorts (with leg warmers) once so far this year. Still winter bib tights for me, and a quick look at metcheck suggests the shorts will be staying in the cupboard for a bit longer. I really hope it warms up soon.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I dont care for the cold; its the wind that gets ya. !

Just remember - this weather can really sap your strength and god help you if it rains + this cold weather = :tongue:

....so, you've been warned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says the training god and totally experienced yenrod :angry:

longers

Legendary Member
Cheers training god :angry:.

I'm totally fed up with it so far this year, I walk the dog 5 times a day and am on the bike 4 times every week day and my bones need warming :tongue:.

yours sincerely,

Disgruntled of Glossop.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

If we cant help each other who can we help...for a starter...!

No, that wind is still cold, there's still lots of snow on the Ben here. Those Daffs might be out but winters grasp is still clinging to the valleys, I think that's what's done for me a bit this week, actually put my waterproof on on Monday as the wind chill was so bad.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Ive lost a bit of weight recent (the 34" trousers actually fit me :idea:) and you definately feel it - I'm not made for this bloody climate :becool:

Christopher

Über Member
I was reading (on a climbing forum) about a trip up Tryfan in Wales last w/e, so much snow up there it looked like the 1970s!

There has been a LOT of snow this year, was in the Lakes in Feb and ended up crawling in the snow several times as it was powdery and too deep to walk through. Very unusual - or perhaps we have had so many mild winters that a more normal one seems way colder

I got caught in the snow in northumberland a couple of weeks ago and I have never been so cold in my life. It was a 20mph northerly for two days and it got to the point where even exercise did not warm me up. Once it snowed the damp slowly crept in (after 3+hours of it), and it was horrible. The thought of going out there in the cold again puts me right off. Having said that I'm out for a long one tomorrow...:angry:

domtyler

Über Member
yenrod said:
I dont care for the cold; its the wind that gets ya. !

Just remember - this weather can really sap your strength and god help you if it rains + this cold weather = :smile:

....so, you've been warned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says the training god and totally experienced yenrod :biggrin:

Perhaps you'd be better off staying inside?
Unless of course the
Sun comes out! When it is
Shining
You are generally okay to go out.

:angry::biggrin:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

domtyler said:
Perhaps you'd be better off staying inside?
Unless of course the
Sun comes out! When it is
Shining
You are generally okay to go out.

;):biggrin:

gOD, dOM you sound like a Dr - then again Dr Tyler has a ring to it ! :biggrin:

Top Bottom