i dont know what im looking for in a bike. i need recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colinr

Mandarin always used to be a bit more budget, no idea how they are these days. Street Life (Nelson Street) come highly recommended, have always been helpful when I've visited (and not bought anything) and apparently stock Claude Butler. Though I reckon they'd suggest a Specialized.

OP
OP
M

matthewnunn

they did suggest specialized. i think im going to get the Cb and be done with it i think?

colinr

We can but advise, ultimately it's your money and your choice.

Ask if they include the first service in the sale price and if you buy extras, see if you can get discounts/free stuff. Especially if you're buying two bikes.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Cycle Chat members can advise on things to look for in a bike and things to try and avoid based on your intended usage. However, they can not tell you which make to buy. I have a Claud Butler and I like the bike, but I don't know if it is better or worse than a Giant for example. Its a bit like asking which is the best car between Ford and Vauxhall? My wife drives a Ford and I drive a Vauxhall, and there are aspects of both cars that I like but overall I still don't know which is best. One of the deciding factors though when buying a car is its popularity and its easy to tell which cars are more popular, based on which you see more of on the roads, but its a little more difficult with bikes. But don't worry, Cycle Chat members have solved this problem and if you are interested in seeing which are the most popular bikes on this forum, go to the end of the following thread and its all laid out for you:
http://www.cyclechat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57559
When you finally buy your bike, don't forget to add it to the above thread to help other newbies ;)

Top Bottom