I emailed boardmanbikes...in August 07 !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

They sent me a reply today...

Hi Yen,

Thanks for your email. You are absolutely right Chris is involved in
every detail of the brand, he's as much a perfectionist about the bike
brand as he was as a rider..

Keep in touch,

Best regards,

Alan Ingarfield
CEO Boardman Bikes Ltd

www.boardmanbikes.com

This email and any files attached are confidential and may contain
copyright material owned by
boardman bikes ltd - they are intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please let us know and delete.
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 04 August 2007 22:20
To: intouch@boardmanbikes.com
Subject: RE: Buying on the web...

...I just wish you could ! ! !

Hi,

Like the bikes I just soo wished they would have been out in time when I
bought my Raleigh Airlite 300...

The sizes look good and you can tell CB has had much input in them too
instead of some jobworth...

So, all is not lost and I'm very interested in the Cycle computers !

Your onto a winner, I feel.

Lee ;o)

P.S. Lost the exclusivity with Halfords...then you'll sell more.

I sometimes used to stand next to Chris Boardman when I picked up the kids from school and he was there collecting his. It was a funny feeling standing next to an Olympic champion and a yellow jersey wearer. I often wondered how many kids knew who he was. It was a different story however when Rafael Benitez turned up to pick his daughter up. He was mobbed.

I hasten to add that both of them sent their kids to the local primary. Son No.2 has even been to a birthday party at Raffas' house.

Don't live in that neck of the woods anymore.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Heres a good one for you Crack' - once a long! time ago 2 friends of mine went for a ride...one wasnt so fast as he was a bit and still is a bit portly the other whippet like good on the hills :ohmy: anyways bit of a crap day but enthusiasm gets the better of them and they decide on the Wirral by heading up to New Brighton way, away from the cars then make their way over to the 2mills area..

Mr Whippet gets off and is in his own world halfway...

But Mr Portly is back a bit as he wanted to ride easy...

Who comes out of a turn - out of nowhere , Mr Boardman, who then talks at length about his training, races hes to do near enough everything to the amazment of my mate (though he played it plenty cool :biggrin:)... with slower of my friends for quite a few miles then heads off to do some extra miles or such like...upon meeting up at the Mills he mentions this to Mr Whippet who I know kicked himself for not 'staying' with mr portly even though he appeared like he wasnt bothered. :wacko:

walker

Keith Oates said:
The jury is still out with me and the Boardman bikes, I'll wait to read some more comments from actual owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think actual owners will give a good aspect of the bike and how it rides your more likely to get something like

'After riding Halfords Mountain bikes for 3 years I decided to go with a Chris boardman road bike..........'

Chris James

Über Member
Definetly not. I think the club set up and provided it when he arrived. No swimming pool, though son no.2 reported it had a zipwire in the garden and a big climbing frame. Only worth a million that one, I'm told.

I think the kids were ushered into the garden and allowed in one room. Son no.2 didn't even play with his daughter in school but I think the whole class was invited and son no.2 is canny enough not to miss out on cake and rumours of bouncy castles and things.

And if Bradshaw Farnham and Lee flogged it, you can bet your bottom dollar it was a record. As an estate agent they singularly upped house inflation in the area. They even rented out a house to Tiger Woods when he came to play the open - Naturally I let them sell my house too :biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I suspect Boardman bikes are ok but they will be forever be tainted by attachment to Halfords in the eyes of the cognoscenti

Perhaps your reply got lost in the ether, Yenrod!

papercorn2000

I got one through Cycle to Work. (The mid range hybrid). It's OK - I even used it on a couple of club runs. The weak point I have found is the wheels. Poor hubs - rough after 3 months and they needed truing quite early on. Apart from that, it's an OK bike - especially on the C2W deal.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Last year when we completed the London to Paris ride and saw the tour come in, the day we came back on the Eurostar, one of our team had to catch a flight instead. He was gutted, because we had such a laugh on the ride, he wanted to come back with us... that was... until.... guess who he was sat next to on the plane. Yep. Mr Boardman himself. what a way to end a cycling trip eh?

Top Bottom