I got a new bike yesterday.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was not able to confidently establish the size of the bike I have had since October 2015, even though I feel it is a great fit and I like it a lot.

I have always had doubts about the actual size that it is, compared to the size stated on the invoice.

The reason why this was important to me recently is because I wanted to buy another. Almost identical-the 2018 model still with 105 group set and one or two slightly different components like levers & tyres. One for summer and the older one just for winter cycling.

I phoned Rose and discussed my concerns. But, as pleasant and helpful as they are I was left in doubt and feeling frustrated. I was not prepared to take a chance on a new bike arriving from Germany that was a bad fit.

So, I have gone against my desire for another flat bar cycle. As a 'safety net' I got a rough quote for changing the drop bars to flat bar including the compoents such as brake & gear levers.

The guy at Decathlon-Luke T, was excellent. The customer service is outstanding. I got the Triban 540 drop bars in a large size. Surprisingly this was a better fit than the medium I tried. Luke also fitted me a different stem and the bike felt great. At the moment I have it in the passage-as you do.

I'm picking up a new Velo Cateye wireless cycle computer from JE James this afternoon.

I'm in the market for a Carradice bag will discuss these in a separate thread.
Right side.jpg
Top view 2.jpg
Front view.jpg

BSOh

Über Member
Looks great

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Very nice. If you change to flat bars the geometry will change, and the bike may not be comfy. If you want a safety net, get a set of 'cross-top' levers fitted which will allow you to brake when on the top of the bars.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very smart :okay:
Like the two tone bar tape.
Enjoy :smile:
I've got some of that Decathlon bar tape and very good it is too.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Judging by the amount of seatpost showing I would say the bike size is absolutely spot on for you. The Mavic wheels and other components on that bike make it a brilliant bike. You have bought it in confidence from a bricks and mortar store so have had good personal customer service and also have somewhere to easily go back to should anything crop up.

Enjoy. Looks like you have made the right choice to me :okay:

Slick

Guru
Looks lovely, enjoy. I'm also another impressed with the 2 tone bar tape even although I probably couldn't live with white as there is next to no chance of me keeping it clean. Far be it from me or anyone to tell you what's best, but I would give the bars a chance as is, you never know.

Looks lovely, enjoy. I'm also another impressed with the 2 tone bar tape even although I probably couldn't live with white as there is next to no chance of me keeping it clean. Far be it from me or anyone to tell you what's best, but I would give the bars a chance as is, you never know.

I want these bars to work for me. My gut feeling is that I will enjoy this bike even more than my flat bar 105. I have a feeling that I will challenge myself more on rides with it.

I was surprised how well it fitted in the estate without having to remove the front wheel when I brought it home.

I can see me driving to areas I am not too familiar with and starting the ride from there. Many parts of Derbyshire are appealing for that sort of thing.

Slick

Guru
I want these bars to work for me. My gut feeling is that I will enjoy this bike even more than my flat bar 105. I have a feeling that I will challenge myself more on rides with it.

I was surprised how well it fitted in the estate without having to remove the front wheel when I brought it home.

I can see me driving to areas I am not too familiar with and starting the ride from there. Many parts of Derbyshire are appealing for that sort of thing.
I do the drive thing as well, enjoy. :thumbsup:

I know just what you mean about white tape. Looks ok now but not for long.

I would prefer black for the same reason as you.. Anyone know how to put tape on correctly that is going to stay in place?

Top Bottom