i got bored!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lip03

Über Member
some of you may have seen last week that i got a bike for free! great i know! but it needed a rear derailleur (i know i may get told off for mentioning the D word in this section!!) but not having the hanger for it and it being impossibe for me to find i was just going to scrap it and keep anything that could come in handy one day! BUT!!! my son has been in bed since 7 and the missus has gone out with friends!

so as the thread says i am bored!! and this is the result! its a bit of a frankisteins monster but i am please with it!
20120922_203916_resized.jpg

somehow i managed to get a chain line and a tight chain with a bit of trial and error! yes it still has all the chainrings on and prob dosent look the best but its good for a bit of fun!! the only thing i need is a seat post clamp and it'll be ridable!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Rear brake?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Because a bike needs two independent braking systems to be roadworthy!

A fixed wheel bike can get away without a rear brake, because the ability to resist the momentum of the rear wheel using your legs counts as a braking system.

OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
Because a bike needs two independent braking systems to be roadworthy!

A fixed wheel bike can get away without a rear brake, because the ability to resist the momentum of the rear wheel using your legs counts as a braking system.
now that i did not know!! is that law??

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
now that i did not know!! is that law??

I am not familiar with the legal side of thing's, as in the actual written law, someone more familiar would have to say. However it seems the police do not enforce it very often though based on the number of brakeless fixed wheel bikes on the road and the number of hipsters who think a fixed wheel bike is just a single speed road bike with only a front brake!

One thing that is for certain though is that whenever I come up behind someone without a rear brake, the moment they freewheel is the moment I label them a nobber and I stay well clear!

OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
I am not familiar with the legal side of thing's, as in the actual written law, but this is what I have always been told. Whether it is the law or not, someone more familiar would have to say, seems that if it is the law, the police do not enforce it very often though based on the number of brakeless fixed wheel bikes on the road and the number of wanabee fixed riders who think a fixed wheel bike is just a single speed with only a front brake!

One thing that is for certain though is that whenever I come up behind someone without a rear brake, the moment they freewheel is the moment I label them a nobber and I stay well clear!
relax ^_^

Top Bottom