I had a crash today..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Crisped front wheel nothing major yuh know :laugh:

1st in 20yrs...

Basically it was like this ...

Riding up to some lights 6cars orso waiting, road on left, 'lady' in car with kids (taking them to school :biggrin: ) the 3rd car back lets her out - I'm coming up on the inside she doesnt look proper and them pulls in to her left AGAIN to some shops JUST b4 the lights, which upon her pulling out went to Green, I end up being forced to the left with her turning car and up up partially under it.

Kid opens front passenger door only to find me; then 'lady' realises whats shes done and goes into shock.

I remove myself from car realise front wheels farked :laugh: and vetn my anger at it and her and the car - non violently ! :blush:

Take myself and bike across to by the shops and struggle to remove wheel from frame so 'crisped' is it ! - try and straighten wheel no luck so its gonna be time off and a bloody walk back.

So thats the story - I wasnt really in the mood to get any details as I was soo IRRITATED by here actions I didnt wasnt ot know but what turns out to be her daughter comes over and says here mum will pay for the bike :rolleyes:

So say aint got pen but the young girl in private school uniform takes my no. on her phone soo we'll see but generally Im too disgusted at her actions in regards to whats shes done.

1st in 20yrs riding - BASTARD !!! :thumbsup:

longers

Legendary Member
Arsecheese. :blush:

I've just made you a virtual cup of tea and I'm feeling positive that they'll cough up for the damage too.

graham56

Guru
Sorry to hear about your run in Yenrod, sounds nasty but the main thing is that your ok, suppose it could have been a lot worse.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I hope so cause how do you replace half a wheel set thats pretty much impossible to replace - the only thing I can think of is new pair of wheels next PD... :rolleyes:

Thnaks for cuppa mate... :blush:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Bummer.
Have to say Yenners, good record if the first in 20 years, so there must have been some bad-Kaharma buzzing around you today.

You did tell her the wheels were £500....each didn't you?

Cab

Flying_Monkey said:
I'm just happy it was just your bike and not your legs getting crushed...

Seconded. Glad you walked away from that one rather than having to be carried, Yenrod!

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
Hey ease up - The lady made a mistake, we all do from time to time.

If she honours her pledge to pay for the damage and you were not hurt then surely that should be an end to it.

I would also hope that she learnt something from the experience though!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Bad Company said:
Hey ease up - The lady made a mistake, we all do from time to time.

If she honours her pledge to pay for the damage and you were not hurt then surely that should be an end to it.

I would also hope that she learnt something from the experience though!

mistake, maybe, but it's still negligence imho.

it's high time that causing death and injury stopped being dealt with differently on account of a car being involved.

it is manslaughter, attempted murder or murder. only in incidents such as yenrods is there a need for a separate offence of driving without due care and attention.

Blue

Legendary Member
Very glad you weren't hurt as people can be harder to fix than bikes.

I hope it doesn't put you off your cycling in any way.

Glad you were OK Yenrod - got to add that first one in twenty is bl**dy good going.

Did you get any of her details? Or are you relying on her phoning you? I hope you at least got the reg. no.?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Even if I was going up the insode of the cars:- she took advantage of teh worst courtesy on the road and thats to beleive that the driver leeting you out reckons its OK to do so and she places all her security and that of her kids in that driver !

If I never hear from here again I simply wont be arsed because her judgement is crap and occasionall distraction on maybe that but it sure affects her as a person.

Top Bottom