I hate the rain.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kevin_cambs_uk
Which way do you run? By which I mean I start my day in St Ives. I guess I must have spotted you before....

every day usually on there from around 7.05 towards Cambridge, get off at Histon around 7.45.
Coming home on ther around 5.20 and home by 6.

Maybe your one of the regulars I see every day coming the other way !

I am on the blue Trek, blue helmet, sunglasses !

No thanks, I'd miss my gears too much!

Gears are for pussies. Fact.

MisterStan

Label Required
every day usually on there from around 7.05 towards Cambridge, get off at Histon around 7.45.

No, I'd be going the same direction, I think I've used you as a pace setter before, some weeks I start a little earlier, this morning I was on the busway at 06:40. Black hybrid, normally in red/black, sometimes with helmet.

Crankarm

Guru
Gears are for pussies. Fact.

I've seem some rather nice pussies with gears :whistle: .

Crankarm

Guru

I wear black, head to toe, it's the new high-viz.

It's going to absolutely shed it down on sunday morning just as I put my front wheel on in the car park at St Ives to ride all the way into Cambridge. I might just drive all the way to work. I work the next 9 days and the forecast is not great. I have variable start times. Early shift I start riding about 7:20 - 7:30 am depending on the wind to arrive at work for 8:30am and if later start riding several hours later. Never under estimate a Brompton although at the mo I am riding my road bike strangely a blue Trek as well, there are a lot of them, as my Brompton needs a new BB and bottom hinge if you have been following my thread in folding bikes. I really need a new commuter bike. My written off commuting bike still hasn't been replaced from when I was knocked down nearly 18 months ago.

But the grit is a problem. I think it comes from all the horses that use the GBW which collects in their hooves and falls out on the tarmac. The weather forecast is not good for this week. Oh well at least I console myself it is better to be riding on a traffic free road than not at all.

HovR

Über Member
Get a fixed or single speed and stop this fannying around cleaning nonsense

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure SS/Fixed bikes still have wheels to flick road crap up on to the bike, and a chain to be cleaned and lubed. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom