I have a permanent marker pen and a hi vis vest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
"Caution - Mid-Life Crisis on Wheels."

"soft vehicle"
"Caution - my life in your hands"
.. although the latter may act like a challenge to some drivers.
Why not..
"you give me 2 Metres room, I'll give no grief"
.. might have to convert to imperial for UK standards !

freakhatz

Have you paid your:

TV licence
Road tax
Insurance
Alimony
Debt to society

.. or whatever. (With acknowledgements to Arbitrary, who thought of the original idea)

bonj2

Arch said:
I have.

I'm not sure. A large number of vehicles do still pass closely, but I don't know whether it's because:

a) They have time to see that it's not actually Police (quite possible in queueing traffic).
:biggrin: They don't notice the word at all (or me, even!)
c) They don't care whether it's Police or not. Which is kind of the most worrying, because that would mean they don't think they are doing anything wrong.

On the other hand, when cars do give me plenty of room, would they have done it anyway?

So it's hard to tell. I think, on balance, there are times it helps, but it's not been as clear cut as I thought it might be.

sod it, BTFB - why don't you just actually write "POLICE" on it? It might be illegal but it would be safer.

PrettyboyTim

I have a hi-viz vest that I got for 99p from EasyMoney. It says something like: EasyMoney: Low cost car insurance on the back, but I've been meaning to change it to something like 'EasyMoney: Sponsoring this Traffic Jam'...

jonathan ellis

please pass on THIS SIDE
right%20arrow.gif

longers

Legendary Member
How about a big "BE HAPPY :biggrin:". Non confrontational, friendly and still somehow rubbing their noses in it.

Top Bottom