I have a small hernia (upper thigh)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went for an ultrasound yesterday and was told I have a small hernia. The doctor asked me if I'd been lifting weights, to which I replied 'no' because I don't.

he told me it was nothing to worry about. I'm not so sure.

Co-incidently, I also have jolting pains in my lower back at the moment, making it difficult to walk on occasion. I'm worried this may be a more serious hernia.

Just wondered what your thoughts are on what the doc said?

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Second opinion bro.

OP
OP
Riverman

Riverman

Guru
Yeah. I should have said the hernia is more near my stomoch but sort of upper inner thigh.

Sort of on one of the lines if you were to draw a 'v' from both your legs toward your stomoch.

longers

Legendary Member
Definitely get a second opinion Riverman. Did you tell the doctor you cycle?

Edit: hope it heals quick and well without too much trouble for you.

longers

Legendary Member
How did you get on Riverman if you don't mind me asking?

I thought I'd started one off this week as the situations it hurt were made easier by pressing on where it hurt. Settled down now though.

For those that have had one, could you feel it starting gradually or was it more sudden?

rusky

CC Addict
Mine was sudden after lifting something too heavy & awkwardly. It felt like I had been hit in the nads :rofl:

But yes, pushing it in gave instant relief!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Had bilateral ones - started gradually, one side before the other. Got very much worse over time, and due to having had heart surgery, operation to fix them was delayed. Eventually unable to walk more than a few yards without a truss (yes they do still exist). Hernias don't get better by themselves - get medical advice and get it sorted.

Top Bottom