I Have Had Enough!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
My local authority are pathetic. The state of the roads is diabolical in East Cheshire. They have steadily deteriorated over the last three years with very little resurfacing anywhere. Repairs are often poor lasting only a few weeks and large potholes abound. It has now got to the stage where it is getting dangerous to ride a bike or motorcycle. Looking at neighbouring authorities roads they are far better with the same financial constraints so wtf is going on. Anyway rant over.
I am going to write to the head of the highways at the LA. Has anyone else done similar, is it worth copying to the local MP's, chief exec etc. Has anyone got anywhere, any tips?

Edwards80

Über Member
I've not written to the LA yet but I have logged a fair few pothole reports. As you say, they tend to get botched and are as bad or worse a few weeks later. Would be interested to see what they say.

There are a few examples on my commute of extreme laziness, on some roads they have placed traffic cones into the holes and they have been there for a weeks - They covered a sunken drain on the A560 like this but with the addition of those orange plastic barriers, they were there for about a week and removed . . . sunken drain unchanged :wacko:

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
I reported a bunch of potholes and broken tarmac last summer. In the autumn, I received emails to say that the LA had reported them all "fixed", when they hadn't been touched. I re-reported them as "not fixed", and then the LA changed them to "rejected". I certainly wouldn't like to hit one on my bike, but in correspondence I then had with the LA, they claimed they are not bad enough to warrant attention. I couldn't see where to go from there.

snorri

Legendary Member
Here is a typical response, just pad it out a bit to make grammatical sense...... ' financial constraints, priorities, regret, cutbacks, severe winter, government grant cut by X% ', Also the following popular phrase in customer service speak when they have not sorted the original problem......'Is there anything else we can help you with at this time?' :smile:

Top Bottom