I have learnt a new language

wafflycat

Well, a phrase in a new language. It's not even a human language.

I am now fluent in bumble bee for "F***-off you stupid human and leave our nest alone!"

There is a bumble bee nest in one of my compost bins. I shall not be adding anything to said bin for the rest of the year as I shall be leaving it to the bees. I think it's safer that way... :tongue:

TheDoctor

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
Buzz off, surely?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I made a bumble bee nesting box but the ungrateful b's have declined my offer of free accommodation. perhaps WC can teach me how to woo them?

OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

rich p said:
I made a bumble bee nesting box but the ungrateful b's have declined my offer of free accommodation. perhaps WC can teach me how to woo them?

I have a bumble bee nesting box in my garden. The bummlers have ignored that. They prefer the compost bin. Lots of bummlers around Chateau Wafflycat but very few honey bees.

I am moving a step and building a wall in the garden. On lifting a slab on the step I found a bee nest in there. The small ones not the huge fat ones.
I managed to knock out the bricks around it without them going too mad and have moved the nest a couple of feet* under a tree with a slab resting on two bricks around it. They seem to be quite happy with the move.

* I used to keep honey bees years ago and seem to remember they are OK being moved a very small distance or a long way but nothing inbetween. So you could lift them out of the compost and set them up in a little home next to the compost bin.

Top Bottom