I have shrunk.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Today i went to the first of four sessions on Healthier You.Nhs diabetes prevention programme.So we were weighed and height measured.I have lost an inch 6' 3" now and 15st 5 lbs.We have been set goals to try and lose weight in the next few months.It is a very good programme and i look forward to carrying on .My goal is to get that inch back.I think i spend too much time bent over this computer.So watch this space.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Bumped into a friend of my wife's t'other day. She said I looked 'gaunt'. Opiates don't arf kill your appetite.

Get measured as early as possible in the day before gravity gets to work on your spine.

I have also lost an inch in the last few years.

I would suspect most people who are past their best-by date are shorter than they were.

Men tend to lose up to 1.5" by the age of 70 and women up to 2".
It's mostly in the spine apparently so the good news is that we're less likely to need a smaller bike.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We never thought all these changes would happen when we were young. Hair, teeth, eyes, ears, bones, joints, muscles, bladders, they are all letting us down. Woe is me.
It's true, but at least we are still around to whinge about it! Having had an uncomfortably premature confrontation with the Grim Reaper in 2012 when I was only 56, I am more than happy to sit around complaining about my body getting old now... :whistle:

I'm wondering if I am still 6' 1" though or whether I am also heading down to join the shorties?

PS I just checked. My first clumsy attempt using a biro balanced on top of my head had me at 5' 11.5" which I couldn't believe so I checked using a book against a door frame to make sure that the pen was horizontal - my actual height is 6' 0.8".

I will have to do some stretching exercises and measure myself when I first get out of bed - I want the 0.2" back! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

It's true, but at least we are still around to whinge about it! Having had an uncomfortably premature confrontation with the Grim Reaper in 2012 when I was only 56, I am more than happy to sit around complaining about my body getting old now... :whistle:

I'm wondering if I am still 6' 1" though or whether I am also heading down to join the shorties?

PS I just checked. My first clumsy attempt using a biro balanced on top of my head had me at 5' 11.5" which I couldn't believe so I checked using a book against a door frame to make sure that the pen was horizontal - my actual height is 6' 0.8".

I will have to do some stretching exercises and measure myself when I first get out of bed - I want the 0.2" back! :laugh:

I'm 67 and my Good Lady is a little older, we both think growing old is over rated. Like you I've had my close encounters with the grim reaper, blocked arteries, and I wake up most morning's look round and think thats my first bonus, I've woken.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Today i went to the first of four sessions on Healthier You.Nhs diabetes prevention programme.So we were weighed and height measured.I have lost an inch 6' 3" now and 15st 5 lbs.We have been set goals to try and lose weight in the next few months.It is a very good programme and i look forward to carrying on .My goal is to get that inch back.I think i spend too much time bent over this computer.So watch this space.
Are you sure you're not just further away?

Top Bottom