I hope it's good weather on Monday.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I need motivation,i have only cycled 80 miles since October.Those 80 miles have been done during March.I have put on a bit of weight,but that will fall off once i get the 'buzz' back.I have been right off cycling,a can't be bothered attitude.So Monday kicks off the season for me.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Fingers crossed for you and enjoy getting the buzz back- if you could keep your crossed for a nice ride I have planned on Tuesday that would be much appreciated.
:sun::bicycle:

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
I need motivation,i have only cycled 80 miles since October.Those 80 miles have been done during March.I have put on a bit of weight,but that will fall off once i get the 'buzz' back.I have been right off cycling,a can't be bothered attitude.So Monday kicks off the season for me.
Glad its not just me. I also dropped off last September, October and went from 3 decent rides per week to nothing, just couldn't be ars*d to get the bike out. Some nice sunshine this weekend might just change all that and help me loose the extra stone in weight I've put on!

Hope you two get the weather you want Monday & Tuesday and have good bike rides. I personally am not bothered what the weather is like next week because I start a new job Monday.

I took Squeak Monkey (My fat bike.) out for a ride on Lyme Regis beach today for an hour or so over lunch and another hour or so mid afternoon.

Mrs M

Guru
Hope you two get the weather you want Monday & Tuesday and have good bike rides. I personally am not bothered what the weather is like next week because I start a new job Monday.

I took Squeak Monkey (My fat bike.) out for a ride on Lyme Regis beach today for an hour or so over lunch and another hour or so mid afternoon.

Good luck with your new job.
Hope it is "Meriwether" on Monday. ;)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm off to Hull on Monday, fine weather or not, to start four days worth of cycle camping.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Where are you heading?
I'm going to head up the East Coast towards Bridlington then everything else is at the mercy of personal whim.

I don't really plan tours apart from the starting point, the general direction of the first day and the end point. This also applies to my three month summer tour. Every end of day arrival will be a surprise.

This tour is a departure from my normal minimal planning in that I haven't planned where I will end up. I'm taking a Sustrans map of the Yorkshire Wolds and will pedal on some of the roads on it and probably very few of the ones highlighted as Sustrans routes.

Aye - fingers crossed for good weather. Probably riding down Monday to Sheffield, then a long nighttime ride wandering the Peak District with my son. What I'll do to catch sunrise at Eyam! Aye and damned good breakfast in Sheffield!

ayceejay

Guru
Riding your bike on that perfect day with the temperature around 23 and a light breeze under a clear blue sky on smooth flat roads with little or no traffic is the day you dream of when the wind is cold and in your face your fingers are frozen and there is a string of snot hanging from your nose because you know on that day you will be flying man flying.

Top Bottom