I know this is CYCLE chat but.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
WIthout wanting to be the killjoy,but these are pretty unstable on anything but the smoothest of roads arent they?something to do with the tiny wheel size?

bonj2

have they got a motor in them?

bonj2

col said:
WIthout wanting to be the killjoy,but these are pretty unstable on anything but the smoothest of roads arent they?something to do with the tiny wheel size?

I'd tend to agree.

Carwash

Señor Member
I sometimes commute on my longboard. (the skateboard variety, not surfboard!)
Tremendous fun, and good exercise. Never quite sure which side of shared pedestrian/cycle paths I should be on though...

col

Legendary Member
Carwash said:
I sometimes commute on my longboard. (the skateboard variety, not surfboard!)
Tremendous fun, and good exercise. Never quite sure which side of shared pedestrian/cycle paths I should be on though...

This is a new one on me,have you got a pic please,very curious.

Carwash

Señor Member
col said:
This is a new one on me,have you got a pic please,very curious.

Not of mine sadly (and frankly can't be arsed just now!) but a Google/Yahoo Image search on 'longboard skateboard' will give you the right idea.

Imagine a skateboard, but longer, without the kicktail, and with larger slightly softer wheels. About as fast as a slow-ish cyclist on the flat (I sometimes overtake cyclists on the shared path!) and certainly as fast downhill... except no brakes, so you need to know the hill and the traffic well before you try that! :biggrin:

Top Bottom