I Know Where Home Is...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i want to share the strange feelings that i have, i moved up in november to harrogate and took a job in leeds. my primary reason for moving up was to see if my girlfriend and i had a future...we don't...i also wanted to know what it was like to live somewhere other than london, for all the things that i hate about london i actually really really missed the buzz. i guess after all these years i now know where 'home' is! i move back in two weeks for a new life minus my girlfriend of four years...no regrets.

domtyler

Über Member
Sad that a relationship is ending but fresh starts can be pretty cool!! Just make sure you make the most of it DJ.

stevenb

As Dom says mate....shame about the relationship....it's ahrd to move on and start again but I think moving back to the buzz will certainly aid your recovery of feelings mate.
Best of luck to you and hope your rockin ' n ' rollin real soon. :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Harrogate. Chelsea of The North. Very prim and proper but a world away from the hussle-bustle of London, I imagine.
Sorry to hear of the breakup, but good luck with the new start.

gavintc

Guru
Sympathies to you jules, but at least you found out before you were married and had a couple of rug rats. Harrogate is ok to visit, but I would not be crazy about living there.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Sometimes you need to spread your wings to discover the true importance of things...like home, friends and relationships.
You'd never had known how much London meant to you if you'd not left...

I never saw the mornin' 'til I stayed up all night
I never saw the sunshine 'til you turned out the light
I never saw my hometown until I stayed away too long
I never heard the melody until I needed the song

I never saw the white line 'til I was leavin' you behind
I never knew I needed you until I was caught up in a bind
I never spoke "I love you" 'til I cursed you in vain
I never felt my heart strings until I nearly went insane

I never saw the east coast until I moved to the west
I never saw the moonlight until it shone off of your breast
I never saw your heart until someone tried to steal it, tried to steal it away
I never saw your tears until they rolled down your face

I never saw the sunshine 'til you turned out your love light babe

laurence said:
I never saw the sunshine 'til you turned out the light

I never saw the white line 'til I was leavin' you behind
I never knew I needed you until I was caught up in a bind
I never spoke "I love you" 'til I cursed you in vain
I never felt my heart strings until I nearly went insane

I never saw the east coast until I moved to the west
I never saw the moonlight until it shone off of your breast
I never saw your heart until someone tried to steal it, tried to steal it away
I never saw your tears until they rolled down your face

I never saw the sunshine 'til you turned out your love light babe

Is that SandiacreSan Diego Serenade by the very wonderful Tom Waits, by any chance? Marvellous.

Keith Oates

Janner
Bad luck on the relationship dangerousjules, but this is the case of it's better to find out earlier rather than later. Getting back with family and friends is always a nice feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisKH

Guru
Bummer. Or maybe not. Time to turn to a fresh page and start again. At least you have that option. Best of luck with the future.

I spent my University years in Hull & Leeds whilst my girfriend of four years was in London studying. It puts a real strain on the relationship and real temptation (avoid all red headed girls who come from Lancashire). However, when I returned home I knew she was the one. It really does focus the mind.

ChrisKH

Guru
Kirstie said:
Err, ahem!! OK so I'm not a natural redhead, it's dyed, and its more of a dark auburn than anything, but we're not all bad!

Don't get me wrong Kirstie she was a lovely girl. It was just the timing!!!!!!!!

catwoman

dangerousjules said:
i also wanted to know what it was like to live somewhere other than london, for all the things that i hate about london i actually really really missed the buzz. i guess after all these years i now know where 'home' is!

No matter how much I dislike London sometimes I know I won't be ready to leave until I retire - if I live that long. The pace, the noise and the dirt all get me down a bit sometimes, but that's just the way it is. I certainly wouldn't return to where I lived as a kid but sometimes find myself hankering for the sea. Perhaps a bungalow on the south coast would do nicely eventually. I'm a long way away from that though. I'm not finished with London yet!
Good luck with the new start. I hope it all works out for you. ;)

Top Bottom