I love the internet!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My car hifi suddenly went awol. Wouldn't respond to controls. Not even volume. Tried the reset button - nothing. Tried cleaning the contacts with alcohol - nothing. Then I found a post on YouTube describing the same symptoms and suggesting pressing the source button repeatedly very quickly. Did that for 20 seconds and sure enough it burst back into life and perfect working order. Brilliant! How did we ever live without it?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There are a few tricks to reset warning lights on my car, found via a forum.

pplpilot

Guru
I love watching uni challenge / who wants to be a millionaire etc and seeing how quick I can get the answers from interweb.

I love watching uni challenge / who wants to be a millionaire etc and seeing how quick I can get the answers from interweb.

Or countdown with various "countdown solvers" that are available.

Surprisingly, it often beats the shows presenters on the word ones. Goes to show, they're actually probably not using a "solver" to find the best results.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
On Casualty a while back someone got bitten by a snake.
We'd identified the type of snake and the anti-venom required before the ambulance got there... :laugh:

When watching the telly, Mrs ND spends half her time on IMDb looking up who actors she vaguely recognises are and what else they've been in.

As you say, how did we ever cope without the 'net..? :rolleyes:
Personally?

o_movieandvideoguide1995_1.jpg

Top Bottom