I made my own saddle with a cut-out...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustychisel

I want pictures of the surgeons stuffing bits back in when the thing collapses underneath you. These things are generally manufactured to tolerances, weight and stress (& deformation), so if you want a cutout saddle it's generally considered a good idea to buy one. I truly hope you DON'T find out your idea was a really bad one.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Oh shut up you also-ran, reckon shimano love you don't they !

If it does I'll take a pic of my innards and show you ! ;)

No wonder inventers go elswhere (in the world) when comments like that are made !!!!

Ever heard of INNOVATION ???????????????????????

rustychisel said:
I want pictures of the surgeons stuffing bits back in when the thing collapses underneath you. These things are generally manufactured to tolerances, weight and stress (& deformation), so if you want a cutout saddle it's generally considered a good idea to buy one. I truly hope you DON'T find out your idea was a really bad one.

bonj2

oh for god's sake yenners.
Still I empathise with your enthusiasm for making things and improvising.
I often do myself, but it often fails.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

....and ???????????????

bonj said:

domtyler

Über Member
bonj said:

Is that how you lost your tackle when you tried to make your own girlfriend out of an empty washing up bottle, a roll of sticky back plastic and a pound of fresh liver?

asterix

Comrade Member
Yeucchxx(

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's not April the first is it ?

1. They look awful
2. These saddles were not designed to have big parts of them cut away - the stress on the rails will cause a failure
3. Try explaining that at A&E - the Nurses will have a right laugh !
4. Depends upon if you ever want to be a father - it looks like a cheap form of the snip to me, but far more painful......

I'd really advise against DIY stuff like that as there are a hell of a lot of stresses going through a bike, and if it's not up to specification, it will break - seat post up my ass is not what I'd call fun ........

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I'd consider a 'normal' saddle - more likely to render you impotent due to the fact of the penis what you cannot see inside the scrotum turning at an angle, thus some men becoming impotent due to this pressuring the vein/s that supply the penis....

Get some education...

http://www.sellesmp.com/en/ready_to_strike.htm#

If anything its an alleviance thats is a ++.

Get a life....

fossyant said:
It's not April the first is it ?

1. They look awful
2. These saddles were not designed to have big parts of them cut away - the stress on the rails will cause a failure
3. Try explaining that at A&E - the Nurses will have a right laugh !
4. Depends upon if you ever want to be a father - it looks like a cheap form of the snip to me, but far more painful......

I'd really advise against DIY stuff like that as there are a hell of a lot of stresses going through a bike, and if it's not up to specification, it will break - seat post up my ass is not what I'd call fun ........

barq

You'll have to update us on how it goes (i mean that seriously). I can see why it might be comfier, assuming those edges aren't sharp, but wonder if it might begin to spread with time. I'm not sure I see it failing as catastrophically as some people make out, but the rails might bend without the intact saddle hull to hold them together. I could be wrong, but I salute your courage sir! :biggrin:

Top Bottom