I May Need To Secure A Bike In/On 18 Wheeler Tractor Trailer... How?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crevice

Altough I loathe the idea, I may have to start a new job driving an 18 wheeler/tractor trailer again. Gotta do what ya gotta do. I never took a bike before (10 years OTR experience).

I have my new bike that, if this is what I have to do, I would like to take with me. I'm not for certain the company yet (in USA) so I don't know if they will offer to remover the passenger seat to give me more room. This has been offered in the past but some do not offer this.

Looking for suggestions on ways to mount and secure a bike on a big rig. Preferable inside to avoid weather and possible theft.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

>> This may be a handy item to help with this. <<

20220117_124013.jpg

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Buy a Brompton.

vickster

Legendary Member
What is the inside of the trailer like? Does it have bars or something you can strap it to?
Otherwise get a bike box, you may need to do some dismantling?
@Brandane used to drive lorries I think so may be more familiar with the set up

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Why do you hte the idea of a folding bike, if you have never tried it? I have 2 Bromptons, along with 8 other bikes. A Brompton is the ideal bike for what you are wanting to do. IfI need to ravel somewhere to ride, it is usually the Brompton I take as it is so easy to throw in the car. It will do anything any of my other bikes will do. I rode across Bulgaria with it, fully loaded.

Top Bottom