I might have finally found it !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You know how it is you get your first serious bike and at first you know " its the one " just like the one you know you want to spend the rest of your life with I suppose.
But then after using it for a while , the bike the bike don't be so smutty, you begin to think that perhaps it could be improved by fitting various new components. Then having done that you begin to think that perhaps I should get another bike after all.
So you do that and suddenly you have a collection of bikes well that's my story anyhow.
But I really think I have found THE one now.
It took me a year to acquire all of the parts on Ebay, Forums and thank goodness for D1 as I managed to get the mechanical parts cheaply as others were upgrading.
So I have ended up with a Trek Madone 3.1 ( ok not the latest ) with Ultegra 6800 and Fulcrum wheels and its proving to ride like a dream.
Because of its lightness I am now also for the first time enjoy a compact chain set.
Its such a nice bike that I now find every excuse to get out on it for a ride so that cannot be bad can it.
When my pension allows I may even invest in some Chinese carbon wheels as I cannot afford any more reputable make ones and I have read more positive reviews than bad ones and at my speed I can hear every creak as I am riding anyhow.
Yes I definitely think that it IS the one.
But the again a newer one would be nice and I hear you can get a 0% credit card !

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Picture please! ^_^

Top Bottom