I Need A Longer Commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
Well damn. So I moved back to London and I got offered a room I couldn't refuse at a low price in a place with easy access to work.

But at just over 7km it's a bit TOO easy. Well, apart from negotiating a bit of Westway which is a tad hairy. I mean it's a lovely ride through some posh and pretty bits of town including Hyde Park, but I did it in 20 mins this morning and that was with getting a bit lost, too. Once I'm used to it I'll be knocking it out in 15 minutes and that's hardly enough to even bother with proper cycling gear. Which is great in many ways, but being used to a 45 ride back in the E Midlands I NEED MOAR.

Here's the route (cutting out a k for personal information protection purposes):

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=396874

Any suggestions for extended routes giving me of a longer, pacier ride for the times I need to let off some steam?

Thanks!

freewheelwilly

Welcome to London

Mate go where you want as long as it puts the required amount of miles in. Maybe ride down to the thames and follow it all the way to Tower Bridge then turn back and go to work. I have a similar distance commute so occasionally after work i'll go from Soho all the way up to Hampstead then drop back down into Hackney

Either way you'll discover parts of London you never knew exsisted. I still do on a rare occasion and im a born and bread londoner

400bhp

Guru
Head down to the Thames and along the path (NCN4)?-put bikeroutetoaster in "cycle" mode to see the cycle paths.

musa

Über Member
So you finally made it, you can go up towards Ladbroke Grove theres a hill or two there down to Notting Hill to Bush, big roundabout down to either Earls Courts or Fulham towards Chelsea past Chelsea FC (Stamford Bridge) straight down to Sloane Square

Svendo

Guru
On the plus side, you have the choice of riding in without needing to put on cycling gear or donning lycra and adding length. My old commute was about that and I never put gear on, just kept spare clothes at work in case of downpour.

Cal44

I'd love to go a tour of London on my bike, been to London a few times but always been for business trips and never really been able to explore and see all it has to offer...

Jdratcliffe

[QUOTE 1853328, member: 45"]Mine has just gone up from 4 miles to 14.5. Not sure I could manage that 5 days a week. Not yet anyway.[/quote]
give it time i do 22 each way 5 days a week started one day ( wed) and then two mon + fri and the three then jump to the week was dead the first few weekends but no love it !

thefollen

Veteran
Love that cheeky route through Hyde Park- do it myself if ever working at a contract in Paddington (to/from the Tooting Bec Common). Can get some decent speed- the rattly speed bumps and tight corners make it especially fun!

Top Bottom