i need chaintugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
charlie the bikemonger will see you right unless you want ladeedah ones. the nologo ones in the link stand up to me and I'm no lightweight.

and you only need one.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wouldn't bother if I was you. Bought some but ended up not using them as my axel and nut wasn't long enough to accomodate the tug and fat dropouts.

Gets easier to adjust chain tension.

I wouldn't bother if I was you. Bought some but ended up not using them as my axel and nut wasn't long enough to accomodate the tug and fat dropouts.

Gets easier to adjust chain tension.

I think it depends on the bike.

My Touche doesn't need them as the nut tightens on a nice steel insert and slippage is minimal.

My hack needs one as the track ends (originally designed for Nexus Hub) are aluminuim and soft. Getting the axle to stay in place without them would be a problem. As an aside, as the rear hub had an OLN of 120 and the track ends were 130 apart, a couple of 5mm chain tugs helped bridge the gap. I also needed to change the original axle for a longer one to give enough thread for the nuts to grip.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Do they work with forward-facing dropouts, or just track ends? This has been on my list for a little while

1677682 said:
Those are for track ends. Ones for horizontal drop-outs are uncommon. There was someone on LFGSS who made a batch and sold them. They are sheet metal wrapped either side of the drop-out with a hole for the axle and a bolt to push on the drop-out. I've got a pair if you want to try them.

wot m'learned friend said.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I have some tugs sat in the shed you can have; I'll post a pic this evening so you can see if you'd like them. If you do, covering the postage will seal the deal.

Top Bottom