I need some help and advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

omenman

hello I came here in the hope someone will help.
I bought a bike for my 8 yr old when she pedals for wrad the bike goes forward when she pedals backwards the wheel locks this is frustrating her and me too !! how do I "unlock" this so she can freely move the pedals backward and will have no effect on the bike??
My mountain bike allows be to "pedal backwards " without stickin on stopping
Come back to me asap ANYONE??
Andy

jay clock

Massive member
either you have a jammed freehub or it is a fixed wheel bike. google those terms.

OP
OP
omenman

omenman

I actually decided to get dirty ..I took the wheel off and pulled the hub to bits I found to "braking washers" inside the drum of the hub and removed them ...put it all back together and it works a treat no and my little one is so excited.
Aye it seems to be only in the UK that we have this on our cycles...its much easier and safer.
Cheers everyone I learned something new today !!!

Canrider

Guru
I actually decided to get dirty ..I took the wheel off and pulled the hub to bits I found to "braking washers" inside the drum of the hub and removed them ...put it all back together and it works a treat no and my little one is so excited.
Aye it seems to be only in the UK that we have this on our cycles...its much easier and safer.
Cheers everyone I learned something new today !!!
PLEASE tell me the bike has some other means of stopping itself, now that you've disabled the coaster brake!

Alun

Guru
There might be something of use here http://sheldonbrown.com/coaster-brakes.html

OP
OP
omenman

omenman

CANRIDER of course there are some kind of brakin' system !! ...on the handle bars there are brakes like all kids bikes in the UK :shy:
MATTHB .....lol !! :cycle:

OP
OP
omenman

omenman

I am a Sparks by trade but can turn my hands to anything and love fixing stuff.
Sense of achievement is what keeps me going and fathoming out things a bonus
Anyway thanks everyone !!

Top Bottom