I need to change my specs...

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Maz, 11 Dec 2007.

1. Maz

Maz Guru

...has anyone bought prescription glasses with special coatings, anti-mist (is there such a thing?), anti-glare etc?

Was it worth the extra money or not?

2. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

certainly anti glare, I forget how much that was bit I got it so it can't have too much

umm, I think it works well, can;t say I've noticed ...

3. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I'd definitely recommend getting the night-vision coating. The macro zoom is quite good too.

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Almost forgot the X-Ray vision. See straight through girls clothes.

5. OP
    OP
    Maz

Maz Guru

Sorted. Got these on order from Wiggle

[​IMG]

6. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

I go for anti-glare as well.
    Also on my first Varifocals...weird initially, but getting the hang of them now...ooops...bugger.....

7. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I've had every "add on" possible. Last time I went back to basics. Result = no bloody difference, it's a scam. I would never bother with "add ons" again.

8. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

FWIW, I usually get the anti-glare - thanks to number one son, I do have a pair of glasses with this coating scratched off in parts, and the difference is noticeable. As I have a strong prescription, I also go for the thinner/lighter coating, which makes the glasses more comfortable to wear, and less like I cut the bottoms from two coke bottles and attached them to my head.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice