1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to change my specs...

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Maz, 11 Dec 2007.

1. Maz

Maz Guru

...has anyone bought prescription glasses with special coatings, anti-mist (is there such a thing?), anti-glare etc?

Was it worth the extra money or not?

2. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

certainly anti glare, I forget how much that was bit I got it so it can't have too much

umm, I think it works well, can;t say I've noticed ...

3. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I'd definitely recommend getting the night-vision coating. The macro zoom is quite good too.

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Almost forgot the X-Ray vision. See straight through girls clothes.

5. OP
    OP
    Maz

Maz Guru

Sorted. Got these on order from Wiggle

[​IMG]

6. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

I go for anti-glare as well.
    Also on my first Varifocals...weird initially, but getting the hang of them now...ooops...bugger.....

7. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I've had every "add on" possible. Last time I went back to basics. Result = no bloody difference, it's a scam. I would never bother with "add ons" again.

8. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

FWIW, I usually get the anti-glare - thanks to number one son, I do have a pair of glasses with this coating scratched off in parts, and the difference is noticeable. As I have a strong prescription, I also go for the thinner/lighter coating, which makes the glasses more comfortable to wear, and less like I cut the bottoms from two coke bottles and attached them to my head.