I need YOUR help in buying a new bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Ribble bikebuilder? The one on the left <<< is one I had built (online) in 2006. All Campag (Centaur) including Proton wheels. Its been perfect.
I do actually own a fairly modern bike^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
Ribble bikebuilder? The one on the left <<< is one I had built (online) in 2006. All Campag (Centaur) including Proton wheels. Its been perfect.
I do actually own a fairly modern bike^_^
Not if you want something this year ... e.g. the Bikebuilder for their top carbon frameset states... We are currently experiencing high demand. Your estimated dispatch date is TBC
And they only offer Shimano...urgh ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
Sorry everyone but that Condor thing turned out bad. They don't have any of the frame sizes I need in the bikes I'd go for and I couldn't possibly risk a trip to that London so I have to start again.

So to repeat, does anyone know where I can buy a road bike with Campagnolo ready to ride pretty much straight away? There's fewer and fewer of these rare beasts about anymore.
What size do you actually need?
If you're not prepared to travel, just start calling all the high end shops within your preferred radius and see what they have and can build for you? Even if you have to source the parts

vickster

Legendary Member
Colnago C64 and Super Record. ;)
Send him the link to buy one...money no object ;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@PaulB - does the 'new' (to you) bike have to actually be new?

(I'm asking because a friend of a friend used to buy a very expensive new bike every year and dispose of the previous year's model. I would say that he is probably about your height. You never know, he might be entering his annual upgrade process now... :whistle:)

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
@PaulB - does the 'new' (to you) bike have to actually be new?

(I'm asking because a friend of a friend used to buy a very expensive new bike every year and dispose of the previous year's model. I would say that he is probably about your height. You never know, he might be entering his annual upgrade process now... :whistle:)
I'd be very interested. And no, it doesn't necessarily have to be new.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Above and beyond! Thank you for finding bikes that I never found. I'm interested in two of those.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Colnago with Di2. Campy is to clunky.

Top Bottom