I object to being bullied by motorists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
I think you're over thinking things, in reality most drivers are okay towards cyclists, some make some bad mistakes, a few are just a bit incompetent, and there are a very small number of nutters, bit like most walks of life.

+1 for incompetent and unaware.

Un natural blondes in blacked out" battle cruiser SUV's are the worst in my experience.
Usually late taking Tarquin or Plumber to their interpretive Korean dance class.

I think you're over thinking things, in reality most drivers are okay towards cyclists, some make some bad mistakes, a few are just a bit incompetent, and there are a very small number of nutters, bit like most walks of life.

On the one hand, you're right.
On the other, imagine writing that about pilots.

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Just that the likely hood of idiot drivers is likely to be higher.

Unless we curtail the rights of many, the status quo remains and who is to say whose a better driver?

My wife has had more accidents than me despite having much higher IQ and qualifications.....

Unless we curtail the rights of many, the status quo remains and who is to say whose a better driver?

Yup.

Some cyclists are like car drivers who think nobody else should be where they want to be. A couple of years ago a cyclist ran an older woman down and killed her. He told the cops he didn't want to have to slow down or stop. I'd bet he's a hateful driver, too.

I notice those as well; there's lots of aggression, especially in the area around Stuttgart; usually in May or June. It took a few days before I worked out why.

I agree and both annoy me; the key difference is that the risks posed by the former group are minor and those posed by the second group are life threatening.

I point this out here: the statistics for Germany are that 11-12 people are killed a day by cars. And people complain about bicycles. That's like complaining about the dangers of gazelles in the Serengeti.

My wife has had more accidents than me despite having much higher IQ and qualifications.....

There is no "right" to drive a car: it's something permitted if you have an appropriate licence.

Our cultural acceptance of a horrific death toll due to excessive car use curtails the rights of many to use a public space, not to mention the right to fresh air and not die of respiratory diseases.

Top Bottom