i-Phone alarm snooze conundrum....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
My i-phone alarm snooze is set (automatically I guess) at 9 minutes. Why 9 minutes? Why not 5, 6 or 10 minutes? This has puzzled me for some time....

9 minutes is the smallest known unit of time in the Sumerian calendar.

steverob

Guru
9 minutes does seem to be the snoozing standard and no-one really knows who first did it or why it became thus. Had a radio alarm clock once that was a rebel and did only 7 minutes - it didn't last!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Standard Samsung Snooze - 10 mins.

Rocky

Hello decadence
A snooze is for wimps......as soon as my alarm goes off, I'm out of bed and under a cold shower in preparation for the Prof giving me a quick birching. @Fab Foodie I suggest you follow my example.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I think my cheapo push button mobile is 10 minutes.

But the innovation of being able to set alarms daily has proved useful because I currently need to be up early on three regular days of the week.

It's the only reason I started using the mobile as an alarm because my bedside alarm clock doesn't do that.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
But the innovation of being able to set alarms daily has proved useful because I currently need to be up early on three regular days of the week.

It's the only reason I started using the mobile as an alarm because my bedside alarm clock doesn't do that.
When I first went on warfarin I forgot to take my pills on a couple of evenings. That is NOT something to make a habit of so I needed to carry an alarm about with me to remind me to take them. Then my dose got adjusted so I was to take different amounts on different evenings. Daily alarms on my smartphone are perfect for that. They remind me that it is pill time, and the label on each alarm tells me what dose to take.

If I am going to be out on a ride at alarm time, I temporarily change the setting of the alarm to when I will be back at home, or carry the pills with me.

It's an ideal solution which has stopped me making any more medication mistakes.

Top Bottom