I pity the fooooool!

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by thomas, 6 Apr 2010.

1. thomas

thomas the tank engine

cycling along quite a busy main road earlier. There is a cycle path, which I was semi using. ... It was full of dust, but I was either on the line, or just over it when not in it.

Anyway, all going fine. I then hear a honk a couple cars back couple. I ignore it, the car behind overtakes...then the next car comes past on the horn.

I think I make some appropriate hand gesture. I carry on and catch him up at a mini roundabout, where he asks if I know what cycle lanes are for....before he turns off at the next junction, without signalling.

I ask if he knows what indicators are for, before carrying on

should have a video, but you'll have to wait for that :sad:

2. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Ignore them. As annoying as they are, they're not worth the hassle. Me smug in that you're healthier and a better person by not reacting.

Couple of weeks ago my local authority had roadsweepers out cleaning the roadsides. The cycle lanes were a joy, until the rain and the wind of the past few days washed everything to the side again.

3. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Oh, oh, Thomas. Not using the cycle lane, tsk, tsk. You'll have the cycle police on at you about that.....:biggrin:

4. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

I must search out that film of me using the cycle lane.:biggrin:

5. OP
    OP
    thomas

thomas the tank engine

hah.

Enjoy :sad:...Not sure why I pulled along side, as I hadn't worked out anything witty to say to him. Good thing he opened his gob first. Anyone got any funny ideas for what I should of said? :biggrin:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fgz-8rpC7o&feature=player_embedded

6. What are cycle lanes for?

To encourage lazy eff'errs out of their car :becool:

7. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Yeah I love them.:wacko:

8. Worked for me;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice