I purchased a power bank today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archeress

Veteran
I purchased one of these today: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/lithium-ion-6000mah-portable-power-bank-n48lk

My fiance and I are about to go on holiday. We leave for York on Sunday, staying for 5 nights and then we go to Bangor for another 5 nights. With all the gadgets we have and the long drive I thought something like this would be handy.

Also once I return to cycling to work I can use it to top up my cycle lights when needed as they are USB chargeable. As I work in the financial industry they get a bit tetchy about things being plugged into USB ports and chargers are a bit of a no no unless they've been PAT tested.

I also have a love of RC helicopters and I would be able to recharge the small LIPO batteries in the field giving me more flight time.

Already out of the packaging, it's a little weighty. Comes with a selection of adapters but you can plug any USB charger kead into it. Also comes with a nice drawstring bag to keep it in.

Hugs
Archeress x

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I bought a 13,000mAh one a couple of years ago. They're really useful when we're out and about, particularly for recharging smartphones.
You can also get an adapter for the car electricity supply to give another recharging source on long drives

OP
OP
Archeress

Archeress

Veteran
I bought a 13,000mAh one a couple of years ago. They're really useful when we're out and about, particularly for recharging smartphones.
You can also get an adapter for the car electricity supply to give another recharging source on long drives
This was the largest I could afford, but is vey good quality.

Hugs
Archeress x

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
I've got a case/battery for my phone 4200mah) for when I went away on a long weekend. Might look into this as an additional charging option given the gadgets we have in the house!

Spartak