I quite fancy a Felt F75 you know...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

It's a pretty darn good value for money machine I think.
Gonna pop to Evans tonight to see if they have any.

18.4lbs.....is pretty light I suppose.....considering the £850 reduced price tag.
It has a good frame and fork (full carbon fork) though and parts are upgradable.
dura ace BB, ultegra rear mech, 105 shifters, folding tyres, carbon seatpost.
looks good too.
I think I've chosen it over the Trek 5000 because of the price....and as said I can upgrade in the future if need be.

What do you guys think?
I'm pretty serious about road cycling, although I own a MTB...I wanna get back into road biking. before I only had a £550 Bianchi Via Nirone (which was very nice) so I am ssuming I'll notice the difference in quality.:blush:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Ordered today from Evans in Milton Keynes.....can't wait. :blush:
I just ordered my pedals (ultegra) and shoes and a track pump from chain reaction cycles too.

Bigtallfatbloke

Hi Steve...how RU getting on with the felt?

How does it compare to your Bianchi?

I have been looking at the Bianchi as a first real road bike purchase...but maybe I should go straight to the felt?

Which upgrades? How much do/did/will the upgrades cost?

Sorry about all the questions...:blush:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Hi BTFB.
Not got it yet mate...hopefully will collect it on tueday.
The Felt was the best choice for me as it's reduced to £850. it has an excellent setup to start with as per my 1st post.
The frame and fork are very good. 18.4lbs for a 54cm bike.
i reckon with a lighter wheelset and chainset the bike would be nearer 17.5lbs...but I shall leave that for the future.

I'll let you know how it compared to my bianchi mate.
the Bianchi's are still an excellent bike and maybe ok as a best bet bike to get you from touring to roadie.....bianchi's have more of a relaxed riding geometry with the sportive models. Plenty around. Good quality machines too.
HTH
Steve

RedBike

18.4lbs.....is pretty light I suppose
Thats very good. Certainly lighter than my Felt.
The standard wheels (R500) are a good dependable wheelset but they're not the lightest. If weights important you might want to upgrade these.

It has a good frame and fork (full carbon fork)
I'm not sure if the fork is all carbon. (could well be on the later versions). It's worth double checking the steerer isn't Al though.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

RedBike said:
Thats very good. Certainly lighter than my Felt.
The standard wheels (R500) are a good dependable wheelset but they're not the lightest. If weights important you might want to upgrade these.

I'm not sure if the fork is all carbon. (could well be on the later versions). It's worth double checking the steerer isn't Al though.

Cheers chap

Thats what i thought...the wheels are robust more than lightweight...and upgradable...so I'm sure a top notch set will get the bike under 18lbs.

the fork is full carbon. The 2006 model wasnt....but the 2007 model is.:blush:
i was very impressed by the quality of the bike...the frame looks very well made indeed. Comfy position too.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

I went out on my first Felt F75 ride today and I must say I was mightily impressed. The bike was smooth, composed and fast. I did 25 miles in approx 1h 30 mins with a couple of stinky 1 in 3 climbs. I am most pleased.
I don't ache at all so I know the bike is set up correctly for me too.
Very pleased indeed. :biggrin:

Top Bottom