1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I reckon 2 weeks for this ride...wot say you?

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 18 Jun 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

[​IMG]

Having ridden from Bremen to Basel I could do this...I have time...then fly back....but will 2 weeks be enough for this section? Basically following the rivers down and turning up unannouced at campsites

2. vernon

vernon Harder than Ronnie Pickering

A week of steady pedalling should do it with suitable siesta breaks each day. You'll not have problems finding campsites with space. I was always accepted at the first one that I rolled up at.

3. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

I'd say two weeks and then you would have time to stop for photos!

4. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

I reckon eight days.

5. Percy

Percy Well-Known Member

Two weeks is perfectly reasonable. If you're anything like me you'll cane it in the first 6 days, worried that you won't make it in time, and then have a week of 20 mile days relaxing in the south of France drinking wine...which sounds pretty good to me.

6. vernon

vernon Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Doing it in two weeks will give him time to make and edit a feature film ;)

7. OP
    OP
    Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Ok..thanks. If I do end up heading that way all I need to know at that point is that it shouldnt take longer than 2 weeks. So long as I am back in the uk by october I will be ok.
    So i will take each 'leg' at a time...Bremen >Basel...then choose between the Rhine Radweg or a flight home, or down to Montpeliier...where I could fly home or just keep going I suppose...it mall depends on money, weather etc...I am just going to make this up as i go along i reckon...

8. wallabyhunter

wallabyhunter New Member

Good thinking BTFB. That's been my thoughts since I first started planning Wrong word, thinking about the trip.

gb