I reckon 2 weeks for this ride...wot say you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Having ridden from Bremen to Basel I could do this...I have time...then fly back....but will 2 weeks be enough for this section? Basically following the rivers down and turning up unannouced at campsites

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Bigtallfatbloke said:

Having ridden from Bremen to Basel I could do this...I have time...then fly back....but will 2 weeks be enough for this section? Basically following the rivers down and turning up unannouced at campsites

A week of steady pedalling should do it with suitable siesta breaks each day. You'll not have problems finding campsites with space. I was always accepted at the first one that I rolled up at.

Percy

Two weeks is perfectly reasonable. If you're anything like me you'll cane it in the first 6 days, worried that you won't make it in time, and then have a week of 20 mile days relaxing in the south of France drinking wine...which sounds pretty good to me.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Ok..thanks. If I do end up heading that way all I need to know at that point is that it shouldnt take longer than 2 weeks. So long as I am back in the uk by october I will be ok.
So i will take each 'leg' at a time...Bremen >Basel...then choose between the Rhine Radweg or a flight home, or down to Montpeliier...where I could fly home or just keep going I suppose...it mall depends on money, weather etc...I am just going to make this up as i go along i reckon...

Top Bottom