I reckon Pat' Stevens drinks...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shaken, not stirred?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Dayvo said:
And a 5% knock-out factor!
I used to love it, but the headaches did me in: I prefer its little brother, GK IPA, on trips back to England.

Sorry Dayvo - GK IPA is newt's pee :biggrin:

Dayvo said:
And a 5% knock-out factor!
I used to love it, but the headaches did me in: I prefer its little brother, GK IPA, on trips back to England.

The GK IPA is sold as a non alcoholic drink in North Wales. The real men drink Red Eric, which I'm reliably informed (not being a real man :biggrin:) is about 8.4%.

jonesy

Guru
I'm a Greene King IPA fan. Indeed I can attest to its curative properties: a few years ago I had an unexplained tooth ache- it seemed to spread across my jaw in stabbing spasms, as if all the muscles in my jaw had cramp. Yet after an evening in the pub and a pint or four of IPA, the pain vanished and didn't return! :biggrin::biggrin:

mjones said:
I'm a Greene King IPA fan. Indeed I can attest to its curative properties: a few years ago I had an unexplained tooth ache- it seemed to spread across my jaw in stabbing spasms, as if all the muscles in my jaw had cramp. Yet after an evening in the pub and a pint or four of IPA, the pain vanished and didn't return! :biggrin::biggrin:

Such is the effect of Abbot, that when one is admitted to casualty, the ambulance staff merely mark one's forehead with "Abbot" in green ink, and no anaesthetic is needed.

Those marked "Red Eric" are left for the pathologist on Monday.

jonesy

Guru
Sadly I no longer have the capacity for Abbot, so I'll stick with the IPA, except very occasionally when I am absolutely certain I am only having 'just the one' pint!:biggrin:

mjones said:
Sadly I no longer have the capacity for Abbot, so I'll stick with the IPA, except very occasionally when I am absolutely certain I am only having 'just the one' pint!:biggrin:

Nowt wrong with it. I've just popped out for a couple, and apart from feeling sick and finding Yenners suddenly attractive, it has no adverse effects on me.

Top Bottom