I recommend...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Having a look at the new Earth series tonight on BBC2 at 9pm, if it's anything as good as the other stuff this chap has presented - he's a really enthusiatic geologist.. I've seen a few of his programmes and they are always interesting...

Damn. Quiz night tonight!

Melvil

Elaborate, Arch - is it going to be 'And then the mighty himalayas thrust their way out of the ground as this enhanced computer graphic shows' or will it be 'the sedimentary rock clearly reveals the passage of the centuries, as our grey-socks-and-sandals resident boremeister is showing us in painfully slow real-time.'...

Well? :-)

abchandler

What a great programme. Thanks Arch, really enjoyed it. The time lapse sequence of the open lava pit was a great illustration of plate tectonics

Tetedelacourse

abchandler said:
What a great programme. Thanks Arch, really enjoyed it. The time lapse sequence of the open lava pit was a great illustration of plate tectonics

I caught the bits that were on during the adverts in I'm a Celebrity:blush:

And it looked the business. Apart from the aussie bloke with his playdoh and those "amazing" signs of early life. Nah, boring cobber.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Melvil said:
Elaborate, Arch - is it going to be 'And then the mighty himalayas thrust their way out of the ground as this enhanced computer graphic shows' or will it be 'the sedimentary rock clearly reveals the passage of the centuries, as our grey-socks-and-sandals resident boremeister is showing us in painfully slow real-time.'...

Well? :-)

As I hoped, it was neither. Fancy graphics were kept to an explanatory minimum and the cute Scottish geologist chap roamed the globe from New Zealand to Iceland, taking in some pretty stunning locations (even in black and white they looked stunning) along the way.

I never realised the Atlantic rift between the American and European plates actually surfaced in Iceland. That's cool....

Was it the enthusiastic Scots presenter who works at the university of nottingham? Quite a youngish bloke with dark hair? He does a lot of OU programmes too.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fnaar said:
The other guy was cool too, Mr Mountain.

Yeah, I loved the idea of a geologist being called Mr Mountain. Do you think he changed it, or took up geology because of it?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch said:
Yeah, I loved the idea of a geologist being called Mr Mountain. Do you think he changed it, or took up geology because of it?
I reckon he slowly settled into it, but will move on before he becomes fossilized in his job.

Top Bottom