I rode with Geraint Thomas during the Tour de France but nobody believed me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I once met the bloke who played Sgt Parish in Juliet Bravo.

Oh, and I've seen Malandra Burrows shopping in Tesco.

Milzy

Guru
That's Nothing, I was next to Oliver Bridgewood at the Fred Whitton and ended up in cycling weekly.

Alex H

Legendary Member
I gave directions to the 'restaurant' in Dobbies garden centre, Morpeth last year to Jack Charlton.

I know nothing about football, but I knew that face from somewhere. A few minutes with a search engine came up with the name :blush:

Milzy

Guru
I gave directions to the 'restaurant' in Dobbies garden centre, Morpeth last year to Jack Charlton.

I know nothing about football, but I knew that face from somewhere. A few minutes with a search engine came up with the name :blush:
Not long after he died. How sad. :sad:

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
I don't think most people have bothered reading this. It's not a 'which famous person did you meet?' thread - start your own - it's an 'I met a cyclist called Geraint Thomas while he was cycling - but not THAT Geraint Thomas because the real one was riding in the Tour de France at the same time the event I'm referring to was taking place in Italy so it couldn't have been the real one we all know and love - but what a huge, unpass-up-able coincidence' thread.

I don't think most people have bothered reading this. It's not a 'which famous person did you meet?' thread - start your own - it's an 'I met a cyclist called Geraint Thomas while he was cycling - but not THAT Geraint Thomas because the real one was riding in the Tour de France at the same time the event I'm referring to was taking place in Italy so it couldn't have been the real one we all know and love - but what a huge, unpass-up-able coincidence' thread.
My quaffing partner was a relation of my brother in law , in no way resembling the larget than life thespian drinking machine.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Mike Tyson once but my ear off and no one believes me either.

Pardon :laugh:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I once overtook David Miller in an official, timed event in the nation's capital.

He was, however, trying to unfold the Brompton at the time. Once he got it bike-shaped he was, surprisingly, able to overtake me at a significantly faster pace :smile:

He was really quite tall for a cyclist - good looking chap though !

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I walked past Bernie Winter's and his dog snorbits once in the Great Western Arcade in Birmingham when I was on my way home from work. :laugh:

I also walked past a very well known wrestler as well although I had no idea who he was. Mr WD told me what his name was. He was clearly trying to blend Into the background by wearing garish loud clothes and a very skimpy T shirt to show off his Muscles even though it was the middle of winter. Pat Roaches gym was near by and lots of well known wrestlers frequented the place.

Top Bottom