I spent last night ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... in A&E in Hereford hospital.
We had a gig last night and I'd noticed myself becoming short of breath while loading up the gear afterwards. I thought nothing of it and drove home, getting to bed around 2.15 or so. Woke up at 4 pretty much unable to breathe. I got up, which helped, but ultimately got Ms RT to call me an ambulance. ("You're an ambulance", she said, which was a help. :becool:) Off I went to Hereford with an oxygen mask on, where they gave me a chest X ray and basically made me feel important.
My breathing is bad again tonight, but I can't do much about it until I visit my GP on Monday and get him to prescribe me an inhaler. It's very odd because I haven't needed an inhaler for years, but I could certainly do with one now. Is anyone else struggling?

Noodley

Rhythm Thief said:
...Is anyone else struggling?

Yep, I can hardly get out of the sofa to get another beer - but I'll struggle on :becool:

Hope things get sorted :laugh:

HelenD123

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
... in A&E in Hereford hospital.
We had a gig last night and I'd noticed myself becoming short of breath while loading up the gear afterwards. I thought nothing of it and drove home, getting to bed around 2.15 or so. Woke up at 4 pretty much unable to breathe. I got up, which helped, but ultimately got Ms RT to call me an ambulance. ("You're an ambulance", she said, which was a help. :becool:) Off I went to Hereford with an oxygen mask on, where they gave me a chest X ray and basically made me feel important.
My breathing is bad again tonight, but I can't do much about it until I visit my GP on Monday and get him to prescribe me an inhaler. It's very odd because I haven't needed an inhaler for years, but I could certainly do with one now. Is anyone else struggling?

Funny you mention it as I had to use my inhaler this week which must the first time in months or maybe even more than a year. I only usually have a problem if I visit people who have cats (I'm allergic to them) and have no idea what made me short of breath this time.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Worst time of the year for me.
The asthma is triggered by pollen/hayfever, and during late April early May there are some nights when it feels like I'm drowning.

Used my inhaler tonight for the first time in months, and it still feels like Arch's pet baby elephant is sitting on my chest.

Shaun

Founder
Hope you're feeling better soon RT.

Now't to do with all that volcanic ash is it? :becool:

Mark_Robson

Your not alone. My inhaler has seen more use this week than it has since xmas. Everything seems to be getting on my chest at the moment.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Sorry to hear about your hospital visit ... hope you had a better night last night.

Could it be anything to do with the late spring meaning more flowers blooming at once and/or the lack of rain to wash the pollen out away?

Mark_Robson

With not being able to drive for the last four weeks my car has been sitting on the drive collecting dust, well ash to be exact, and it's quite surprising how much there is. No wonder us asthmatics are feeling it.

Cheers all. I'm ok now, I went back to the hospital last night (not in an ambulance, Ms RT drove me) and I couldn't even walk slowly from the car to the entrance without stopping for a break.:ohmy: They gave me Salbutamol and a Ventolin inhaler and I left feeling like a new man. I'm still a bit short of breath but at least now it feels like the air that is getting in is actually doing something! I'm having an easy day today, might go out for a gentle potter on the bike later (since exercise seems to help).

Top Bottom