I think I got astbestos inside me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was wondering if it was a piss take.

I take it you haven't met Blazed?
laugh.gif

mikeitup

Veteran
They have it in pillows??

There are different kinds of Assy, some more harmful than others.

I doubt they would put any of the dangerous assy in it like the blue stuff -
imagine the public outcry! ...Pillowgate!! ...all the slightly deranged Daily Mail reader types on the telly saying that they have banned their fat ugly kids from ever using pillows again ....the HSE having to give you a risk assessment every time you want to go to bed..... ....Pillow factories getting attacked and burned to the ground! (well ok, maybe not, but you know that I mean) ...PEOPLE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP AT NIGHT!! (Deliberate pun).

So, no, probably not. Now go out and buy a new pillow, but if you do develop mesothilyoma (spelling?) in about 30 years time, then give me a shout so I can update my reply! :biggrin:

All asbestos is dangerous FYI.

Brains

Legendary Member
I have a wonderful craft book from the mid 1960's, it is designed for large groups of kids to each make an identical item, so classrooms and Scout Groups etc.
It has an entire chapter on how make things out of Asbestos sheet, available at all good hardware stores

There is a section on making an aeroplane that reads something like;

" .... using a junior hacksaw cut out the wings from the asbestos sheet, using a file, take off the rough edges and then using some sand paper round the edges of the wings of your aeroplane....."

Can you imagine the dust from 30 kids cutting, filing and sandpapering asbestos !!!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
 I'm a bit old-school about this kind of thing. I don't like jokes about rape or child abuse and I don't think dying a horrible death from exposure to asbestos is a suitable subject for (attempted) humour either.   :sad:

Hundreds of local people have already died and others are still dying from exposure to asbestos at the former  Acre Mill above Hebden Bridge.

Happiness Stan

I'm a bit old-school about this kind of thing. I don't like jokes about rape or child abuse and I don't think dying a horrible death from exposure to asbestos is a suitable subject for (attempted) humour either. :sad:

Hundreds of local people have already died and others are still dying from exposure to asbestos at the former Acre Mill above Hebden Bridge.

Before you get on your high horse, my father died of pneumonia brought on by asbestosis.

Top Bottom