I think I have just been scammed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I ordered two tickets for the Rod Stewart concert at the O2 back in December, from what i thought was the O2 web site. when the confirmation email came back it was from Worldwide tickets, which is based in either Turkey or Greece. Anyway, I got an email a month or so ago with a change of telephone number. Now with a week to go I have no tickets, the web site is down and the new phone number just rings. Mrs P is not going to be happy as she saw Rod the mod last in 1977 and has waited all this time to see him again.:rolleyes: Anyone know anything about this company? Time to change my credit card me thinks. Could I get my money back from the card company?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Oh dear that does not sound good :rolleyes:, I would think that the best you will get is a refund from the credit card company.

ASC1951

Guru
Paulus said:
Could I get my money back from the card company?
Don't hold your breath for the tickets - http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2010/05/fury-as-worldwideticketstoreco.html

Even worse, your credit card company may point out that this is technically an overseas purchase, which many don't cover.

[As an afterthought, if you still have a copy of the original website in your cache and it does purport to be a UK based company, you could have a go at the company you thought you were dealing with. TBH you are probably pissing in the wind even then, but keep the cache copy to produce to your card company anyway.]

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

dodgy

ASC1951 said:
[As an afterthought, if you still have a copy of the original website in your cache and it does purport to be a UK based company, you could have a go at the company you thought you were dealing with. TBH you are probably pissing in the wind even then, but keep the cache copy to produce to your card company anyway.]

Are you saying that the victim should be reimbursed because they bought from a site that claimed to be another site? This is known as phishing (you probably know that). How would it be fair that the victim 'has a go' at the legitimate site?

Top Bottom