I think i need a new sram gear shifter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I would see if it it just needs new inner and outer cable, it might be borked but its worth a shot as i was getting similar shifts where i would press the lever but nothign would happen half the time .

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Thanks for the quick reply...yea I'll check the cables, but the way it clicks inside, I think it's saw better days

Forgot to say....the Allen bolt underneath is loose but won't tighten or come out, the lever's also obviously loose

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stu9

Can anyone else shed any light on this or do I just need a new gear lever and that's it. I don't understand why it says x4 on the right side lever and nothing on the left

jack smith

Veteran
Photo's of the condition? What model lever is it, have you correct
Y adjusted your cables and mech's if you click it a few times does it eventually move? Are the cables slack? If the shifter is loose it may well have slackened the cable tension

OP
OP
S

Stu9

It's fine looking at it, it's obviously inside it's buggered, or maybe because the Allen bolt underneath is loose, that's why it's causing the lever to slide on the ratchet causing it to click and not move the front rail. I'll take it off tomorrow and try and split it to see what's what, bit I've a feeling it's buggered and need a new one

Cables are fine ie tight ect, I watched a couple of vids earlier to make sure I was doing it right, it's not hard

jack smith

Veteran
Personally I'd take it off and re install it from scratch before you take it apart, there's less chance of it being fubar

Top Bottom