I think I saw....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I think I saw @vernon a short while ago.

He - if it was - was sitting on a bench next to an orange steel framed road bike in Bedale High Street, North Yorkshire.

The Vernon I saw appeared to be enjoying a smoke.

Who did you think you saw?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
..........a puddy tat :laugh:

No, seriously I have seen a guy going through my home town with a Cyclechat jersey but haven't a clue who he might be I'm afraid.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Was he outside a pie shop in Bedale? I think he has one or two favourites there.....:whistle:

I'm pretty certain he's got an orange bike.

It was about 5.20pm, the butchers in this part of the world are not known for their late hours.

I wonder where he's headed, it's a bit of a hike to Leeds at this time of night.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I think I saw @vernon a short while ago.

He - if it was - was sitting on a bench next to an orange steel framed road bike in Bedale High Street, North Yorkshire.

The Vernon I saw appeared to be enjoying a smoke.

Who did you think you saw?

It was indeed me. Having a smoke and a coke. Last rest before pushing onto Northallerton to catch a train back to Leeds. I'd pedaled over from Ribblehead. The orange bike is my Dave Yate's Randonneur getting a rare outing.

I think I saw Keeley Hawes in McDonalds yesterday morning.
It was the one near Newcastle racecourse and was having breakfast.

I don't think she was on a bike or visits this forum though

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
That's a fair old ride with a few hills - did you go along the A684?

I did as far as Bainbridge then Les Caygill from Caygill bikes of Richmond came over for a chat while I was pie eating in Bainbridge and suggested that I follow him on a back road through Aysgarth and up to Castle Bolton/ Redmire which is a quieter road. He failed to mentioned that it was hillier. I rejoined the A684 at Wensley.

Top Bottom