I think I want one of these ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dzzi

so i only have a road bike...2011 Spec Elite....a really cheap < 100 quid hybrid from halfords that i got way way back now...my son 15 has just started doing a paper round on an awful BSO/MTB from halfords that weighs about 2 tons...

So im thinking about one of these that we can share... http://www.mangobikes.co.uk/bike-builder/

...what do you think...talk me out of/into it please :-)

OP
OP
D

Dzzi

:bicycle:Sorry should have said...single speed/fixed option

OP
OP
D

Dzzi

....im not really looking for an improvement...more a change for me..and ok i just think they look cool...their i've said it now :-)
....the MTB/BSO is seriously heavy (i might weigh it later).....part of the plan here is to say to the FPO that it's more to encourage my son to keep at his paper round and also slip in some comments around him doing a decent distance on a SS would help with his DofE challange stuff...
I've looked at a Langster or 2 on ebay....maybe once ive got my son a SS...i can get another...N+1 etc

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Don't you need a phat tashe to ride a bso like that mango?

All these hipsters think their so tricky
With their messenger bags
On their back on their fixies
Pedaling quickly down the hills
Don't blow out your knees and take a spill
An anodized chain?
Cards in your spokes?
How can you ride?
Your pants are a joke.
You can barely get your hands on your handlebars.
Looking kinda shaky when you're weaving through cars
You think it makes you look like a courier
It really just makes you look girly
Is that a steel frame from 1988?
You might as well use it as an ankle weight

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
A bike in it's simplest form Mr H. You gotta love that

I like a decent bike of any description and a heavy 10-12kg fixie (according to the site) is indicative of something which is not going to give you joy in its simplest form which a bike should do IMHO.
You could get a lot more of an enjoyable experience from a different bike imho, and would be best advised to look at something like the triban or langster as previously stated.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
It's a blast to the shops bike.

Ride to the Gym/shop/ya mams - whatever.

Short hop stuff where you just want to go out in your jeans and t-shirt - get there throw it up against the wall - do your thing & blast back home.

For serious rides or big leisure rides get your best bike out.

Job done.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
+ 3 for the second hand Langster, its light, quick nimble. I have one, on my second frame mind you but its superb. Majority of my 30 mile commute is done on that in autumn and winter. The newer models from 2012 irc onwards have very nice frames, fat curved tubes etc, smooth welds. Are they worth over £500 new these days doubtful but second hand for a couple of hundred or less, great.

Top Bottom