I think I want one of these ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Dzzi

@biggs682 would like to but i have a house that needs decorating from top to bottom and im not sure i would get approval from the FPO to build a new nike in addition to already riding one whenever possible....i can't access FB from the office, will have a look at your page then

Peddlar

Spinning Addict!
At the risk of getting flogged.... I have a Mango that I ride single-speed style around town/to RPM and errand style. For what it is, I love it! However for commuting and general rides, I have my two roadies to choose from.

There are a good few Mango's cropping up on second hand sites, have you scoured? A lot of people pass them on when they realise the meaning of single-speed/fixie.

OP
OP
D

Dzzi

@Peddlar i know there are other Mango riders on the CC forums, ive talked to one, he also loves his Mango for what it is....
I've had a quick look 2nd wise but tbh i want to "design" my own....
I've managed to get the funding approved by the FPO so think im going to take the plunge, agree colours with my son and order tonight...

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
A bike in it's simplest form Mr H. You gotta love that
Nah, this is far more simple no dodgy chain to worry about. :thumbsup:

4960670265_55590cb758_z.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dzzi

quick update....ordered from Mangobikes, will post a picture when it arrives, Both me and my son now eagerly waiting its arrival.

martint235

Dog on a bike
quick update....ordered from Mangobikes, will post a picture when it arrives, Both me and my son now eagerly waiting its arrival.
Ooh what colour scheme did you go for in the end?

As Dzzi knows, I own a Mango and to those that say it can't be fun, b*****cks. I use mine as a commuter and it's great. It's on freewheel as fixed in traffic terrifies me but the sheer joy of just pedalling, no gears to worry about and what's 10kg when it's got 100kg sat on it....

OP
OP
D

Dzzi

Mango arrived last Saturday they threw in 2 lights and an arse saver and free Saturday delivery due to a minor delay in delivery. And here she is in the wild

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 23

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hmm bit bright for me!! :tongue:

How are you finding it?? Still loving my Mango particularly on these sunny mornings, just chilling on the way to work rather than head down blasting away.

OP
OP
D

Dzzi

i dont get to ride on a daily basis, i went out on Saturday for a cheeky 12k....bike is still in SS mode not fixed my son wants to leave it SS for now...
main reactions from me was 1) How wierd it was not to be have to "worry" about changing gear 2) knowing the only way to go up a hill any faster is to simply press harder was quite interesting mentally 3) Son loves it for his paper round.....mates reaction on the first day "Harry has got some sort of Bradley Wiggins sh*t" being the best quote so far...

Overall really pleased i took the plunge, maybe i need another SS to make a proper comparison though :-)

Top Bottom