I think the time has come I need glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
eye test next week , i reckon i need stronger reading glasses

dicko

Guru
I started off with reading glasses then progressed to distance glasses for driving. I have my eyes tested every two years then the optician noticed something gave me a letter for my doctor and I now have Retinopathy every two years (diabetic ). The distance glasses were not really needed four years ago as my distance sight improved then a Cataract appeared and I had it removed. In four months my eyesight improved and for the past three years no glasses at all for driving. Please, if you think your eyesight needs attention book an opticians appointment ASAP and I can recommend SpecSavers they do a range of glasses starting at £25 including lenses and are really great.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I am very nearsighted and have worn glasses since I was six years old. I've tried contact lenses and hated them - I love having really exceptional near vision. It's great for reading maps, repairing delicate things and being able to tune out the world.

Twilkes

Guru
46 and noticed a deterioration last few years, and quite a dramatic change over the last 12 months, reading small print was/is a struggle. Tried a pair of 1.0 reading glasses in Superdrug today, which I believe is the weakest power they do, and the change is phenomenal - my iPhone screen looks like an iMax in comparison, massive difference, like I can almost see each individual pixel.

I'm actually quite annoyed now because Boots optician sold me two pairs of £125 glasses about four years ago based on an eye test, and after a while I just stopped wearing them because I didn't really notice any perceptible difference with them. I bet even back then I could have got away with a pair of £10 reading glasses for the mild inconveniences I was having.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I use a magnifying glass, It was £1.00 from Home Bargains. There's no chance I'd wear glasses I cant stand the feel of them. Threading a needle recently was a particular challenge.

^ this - and line up your tyre logo with the valve, then when you find the shard of glass or whatever in the tyre you have a reference point for finding the hole in the tube, if you've run out of spare tubes and have to repair on the road. This of course works both ways - if you can't find the culprit in the tyre but locate the hole in the tube, again you have a reference point.

Good tips.

rovers1875

Veteran
I need glasses for reading and nothing else so I have these - you can get them in plain or sunglasses.

Got them so I can read the wahoo when I look down at the stem lol

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N411SUG?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1

I got them, great for reading the menus in pub / cafe stops

Top Bottom