I Want my new bike!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah but no Avios points with cash ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
They're quite usuful for holidays. Or I could use the tesco points from my credit card at Evans. I always pay the card off, might as well get the extras and I don't have to go to the bank for cash. I don't work in an environment where people pay in cash as I expect you do

I don't see a CC as debt just an easy way to pay for stuff. End of mo th just pay off online from bank account. Takes 2 minutes and I can keep better track of spending than cash

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
When I say cash I mean debit card not credit card . Life is nicer when you don't owe people money .

OP
OP
Steppylud

Steppylud

Über Member
Finally got my certificate, LBS say they cannot have it built and ready until 13/5!!!!! I am very frustrated!

screenman

Legendary Member
Finally got my certificate, LBS say they cannot have it built and ready until 13/5!!!!! I am very frustrated!

Maybe you picked the longest possible way to get your leg over a new bike.

dee.jay

Network Ninja
Our C2W scheme is closed until December, and only then you get up to £1000 and after the year is up you still don't own the bike!

Not worth it, imo. Your scheme could be a lot differen though.

OP
OP
Steppylud

Steppylud

Über Member
Savings are about 400 on a 1k bike. Not something I can really pass up to be honest. And no technically the bike isn't yours at the end of the year but you can "hire it" for another 3 years for free at the end. Can't see where I am not quids in tbh.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just make sure it's insured for its full replacement value. Also for accidental damage In case you stack it. And away from home as you'll be commuting on it. Probably find something to that effect in your schemes T&Cs

heist

On my work scheme, they "may" choose to gift it to you after 3 years.

"If" they do, you pay the tax on the current market value, and it's yours

With the current Evans cycles discount, as well as tax and national insurance savings through bike to work, I will save 550 on a 1500 new bike :smile:

Top Bottom