I want one of these ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I saw an Alleweider(sp) outside Warlands a couple of days ago :becool:

I absolutely love velomobiles and would have one in the blink of an eye if we had the transport infrastructure to support them. In a nutshell they produce very little drag, are pretty stable and mostly weather-sealed; but are also heavy (c. 30kg+), more involved to get in and out of, cumbersome to move around when not in them, expensive and take up a good chunk of space.

As one might expect these excel at covering large distances at speed on flat ground and in all weathers, so would be great for commuting or touring in flat countries (i.e Holland) that have the infrastructure to mean you can ride with confidence without fear of being crushed by an Artic because its driver's not seen you :rolleyes:

Tbh it's a lifestyle ideal of mine to live somewhere like Holland with one of these for longer journeys, a bike for town trips and a car for the odd occasion I had to go really far or get there in a hurry. Sadly I'm stuck in a country where the norm is to drive your £300/month PCP-funded german luxo-barge round the shops and anyone who doesn't is clearly a deviant to be treated with suspicion and disdain :sad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom