I want one of these ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
At the last count I think there were perhaps 40 velomobile owners in the UK, not including racetrack-only machines. I ride a carbon Quest and I post here, a tiny little bit a least. :whistle:
Sorry, meant Mango owners specifically. Have enjoyed your posts in various places about the Quest, btw.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If I ever win the lottery ... :thumbsup:

I'd love to have a go in one though, I bet it's fantastic flying along so close to the ground with hardly any drag. Maybe I could get them to send us one for review?! :giggle:
Of course you'd want someone to test it over the Welsh hills. I could put myself out...

byegad

Legendary Member
I had a go in the Rotovelo which Peter Eland was reviewing for Velovision Magazine. In a brief ride I found getting up to 'spin out' speed in top gear was relatively easy and likely to be sustainable for this not so fit 60+ year old on the flat pretty much all day. How it would perform up hill I don't know.

I have to admit I'm still tempted though.

rb58

Enigma
I well remember chasing @arallsopp down to Brighton in his. It was the day of the London to Brighton veteran car run. He was super-fast and drew as many admiring glances as the old cars we were riding with. But the rear mech exploded on the return and we bodged a single speed arrangement to get home again. That was an effort, but I think he only got out and pushed once. T'was a great day.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
That was an effort, but I think he only got out and pushed once. T'was a great day.

On Mount McBludgeon, if I recall, though I try desperately not to think of it :smile:

Pushing a 30+ kilo trike with tank steering that you can't influence from above knee height is next to no fun (no fun being single speeding the same).

T'was a great day though, you're right. :smile:

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Well @Donger if you feel like the experience but without the body kit, I’m selling my Catrike 700. I haven’t used it since I saw you on the Audax in Chippenham all of those years ago lol (long story)!

Seen in Holland today .... the label says "Velomobiel.nl". I sooo want one. Saw this forum and thought I'd share this one with its target audience: View attachment 133883
You could paint one of these yellow?

Shreds

Join BHPC to uncover the delights of such unknown pleasures.

Oh, and that velo for sale that Neil put up a couple of post ago is an absolute steal at the price. It is absolutely immaculate inside and out. For a dalliance into the amazing world of velos, you couldn’t go wrong with it.

Top Bottom