I was really impressed with myself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
as i replaced my first spoke, and trued the wheel (it was only slightly warped). I used a printout of the bicycletutor site, only read it once, before going to the shop and getting a spoke, came back home, did the whole job injust less than 30 mins!, when refitted i couldnt see any change in gap between brake pads at all...
however, while at the shop, i asked about these breaking (its the second, bike is not quite 4 months old) and he said the spokes werent all that good quality, but even though, they should be lasting longer than this, and said more would probably go in future.. He recommended that i take the wheel back and the shop would probably just swap it.

however, i bought this bike off the net, althought it is an lbs, and not just online, the prob is that its in london, and would cost me about 25 squids to get there/back or to have it delivere, so, is it really worth returning given that the new wheel would undoubtably have the same spokes anyway, and may not even cure the problem?????

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can depend upon how the wheel is built - if badly machine built (or even by hand) then you'll pop spokes.

How about getting it properly trued by the LBS, then the tensions might be right !

OP
OP
dantheman

dantheman

Veteran
i got it trued by them the first time (and i do trust his expertese), so i would assume they werent too bad after that, would have got him to do it this time, but it looked busy, and its my only transport, and had to go to work an hour(ish) later!

Top Bottom